Software Engineer in Test, Current Product Engineering (CPE)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our global internship program trains the next generation of cybersecurity talent across a range of specializations, from threat intelligence to information security, engineering, and marketing. Interns and recent graduates can learn about the network security industry from leading thinkers, grow their professional networks, and be part of a career-defining experience.
The Current Product Engineering (CPE) team is responsible for testing the next-generation firewall. You will be working with our QACPE team to verify fixes for real-world customer issues and help deliver high-quality releases to our customers in a timely fashion.
- Designed, executed and automated test cases based on real-world customer issues.
- Assisted with validating different functionalities of the firewall.
- Closely worked with Support, Development and TAC teams to reproduce customer issues and validate fixes
- Learn about real-world customer’s network topologies, use cases, and deployments, etc.
- Set up switches, routers, firewalls, proxies as part of customer bug verification
- Collaborate with developers, support and QA teams during the reproduction and verification of software issues
- Good computer networking knowledge including networking protocols such as TCP/IP
- Solid scripting skills preferably Python and/or Bash
- Knowledgeable in System Administration, Linux is preferred
- Good communication and problem-solving skills
Requirements – To apply, you must be graduating with a 4-year Undergraduate Degree with a GPA of 3.0 or above, or with a 2-year Master’s Degree or a Doctorate degree. You must have the authorization to work within the United States. Please note that we will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.