Manager, Resident Engineering EMEA
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
In this role, you will manage a group of resident engineers in your assigned territory. You will be responsible to drive professional services business, provide management oversight to your team and all ongoing engagements. You will also work closely with sales to ensure customer satisfaction, build relationships with all customers in your territory to ensure customer success and reference ability.
- Provide strategic direction and input to the technical development of all the resident engineers reporting to you
- Manage the activities of the Resident Engineers such as hiring, development, promotions, time off, expense reports, development growth, training, and corrective actions
- Build relationships with customers with resident engineers engaged to ensure that the timelines are being met, feedback on how our resident engineers are performing, escalations, etc.
- Build relationships with the Sales team to:
- Ensure customer requirements are met
- Drive new business by utilizing Professional Services capabilities and offerings
- Ensure all customer engagements are successful
- Provide status to the Services leadership team on all major activities, issues, escalations, etc.
- Participate in the development and execution of strategic direction and input to the technical development of the Resident Engineering product offerings
- 50+% travel is a requirement
- Experience managing teams of 15+ technical resources
- Strong knowledge of Internet security concepts and products
- Understand: Routing, Switching, VPNs, LANs, WANs, IPsec, and Encryption
- Demonstrated leadership and team building capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Certifications such as CISSP and/or others like PMP
Our professional services team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients post-sale. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it evolves.
As threats and technology evolve, we stay in step to accomplish our mission. You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised. But you won’t wait for them to be raised, you’ll seek them out, too. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.