Marketing Operations Manager, Cortex
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our Marketing Operations Manager position will be responsible for providing data-driven insights that drive action and optimization of global marketing efforts and provide direction for annual/quarterly planning. This role sits within a close-knit fast-paced team responsible for the success and growth of the Cortex go-to-market.
We are looking for an experienced, results-driven, self-motivated tech industry analytics professional who thrives on providing accurate and insightful direction based on the cold hard data. In this role, you will work with several teams including demand generation, business planning, finance, marketing data science (MDS) and marketing leadership to understand, evaluate and quantify the results of marketing initiatives. We are looking for someone who feels comfortable as the authority on our data and a guide for internal stakeholders. You will own demand gen analytics for Cortex marketing, demand target modeling, campaign return on investment (ROI) reporting, financial planning and all business relationships with business planning, MDS and operations teams.
- Build informed modeling for annual demand gen targets and provide analysis of business metrics to advise and guide the Cortex team; revised quarterly to rapidly adapt for early-stage products as more data becomes available
- Recommend and validate KPI’s for annual and quarterly marketing objectives
- Support reporting and communication of global demand gen KPI’s weekly/quarterly to Cortex Marketing and Sales leadership
- Work with Marketing Data Science and Marketing Operations teams to improve campaign ROI tracking, including pipeline attribution models for Cortex
- Drive and optimize reporting capabilities for global campaigns/programs to offer clear visibility of ROI and the ability to accelerate and/or acquire business from target accounts
- Serve as an expert in the respective group’s data sets/dashboards. Make suggestions on enhanced analytics, or questions to ask of the data
- Manage and maintain requests from leadership, regional leads, global campaign managers and others to improve efficiencies across the team and align reporting
- Minimum of 5-7 years of related experience in high growth and/or technology-driven companies
- Dependable business and analytical skills, with the ability to articulate and present actionable insights to various business stakeholders
- Expert capabilities in data analysis, data modeling, report/dashboard generation and pipeline modeling methodologies in Salesforce.com
- Strong understanding of financial planning, forecasting, and reporting
- Talent for influencing without authority, and developing productive and consultative working relationships across marketing, operations, sales, IT, and data teams
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once, prioritize, work independently, and problem solve, working comfortably under pressure
- Bachelors in Marketing analytics, statistics, mathematics, economics, finance or equivalent fields
Our marketing team has an opportunity like no other industry: high impact work and the chance to change the future of digital security. This team builds materials for our partners, our sales teams, and our industry. Your hands will be on industry-leading content created in the face of rapidly growing threats: cyberattacks. Being in marketing at Palo Alto Networks means that you will be in the midst of the changes impacting our industry, and helping our internal teams, customers, and partners address the ever-changing threats we all face on a day-to-day basis.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.