Senior Technical Writer (Prisma Access)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a technical writer at Palo Alto Networks, you will directly help our customers, partners, and internal employees better understand how to configure and use our products to solve their remote network and mobile user security challenges. In this role, you will work on a new feature and release documentation for our Prisma Access products. We are looking for a writer who is curious not only about how a feature works but also why and when to use it, what the best practices are for configuring it.
- Facility with technology—You’re curious, not afraid to be hands-on with the products, and you can empathize with the challenges our customers face
- Know the craft—You like writing more than you like doing anything else and you have an innate ability to think like and write for endpoint administrators
- Innovation—You are creative, and love to experiment with new ways to present information in a way that enables a positive user experience with our products
- Organization—You can take large amounts of technical details and organize them into topics that users can easily find and use to solve their mobile security problems
- Initiative—You’re not afraid to propose changes to improve process and quality to enable a better customer experience and you are relentless in hunting down the information you need
- Interpersonal skills—You are able to work with developers, QA, PMs, customers, SEs, and support to successfully gather information required to understand the problems our users are facing and the ways our products help to solve them
- Problem solving skills—You have strong critical-thinking skills and use them to ensure that you are providing just the information our users need to complete the task at hand
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required
- Minimum 5 years of proven technical writing experience
- Must have knowledge and background in mobile or network security
- Ability to see the big picture and proven track record of writing concepts and tasks from scratch
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently with limited direction
- Ability to go and find out not only how something works, but also when and why to use a particular configuration/setting
- Proficient with FrameMaker, and AcrobatPro. Experience with Adobe AEM highly desirable
- Proficient with source control tools (Perforce)
- Proficient with in-app help tools (WalkMe, Pendo, etc)
- Experience with topic-based writing (DITA or XML authoring)
- Video tutorial creation (Camtasia), and/or proficiency developing illustrations (Adobe Illustrator or PowerPoint) a plus
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that proactively address them. Our Product Management Team helps us do just that.
This team provides the behind-the-scenes support for our products by being a source of information for our systems engineers, staying on top of the environment we sell in, and helping to implement technical solutions based on our client’s feedback and needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay ahead to accomplish our mission.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.