Senior Security Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We are the global cybersecurity leader, known for always challenging the security status quo. Our mission is to protect our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. This has given us the privilege of safely enabling tens of thousands of organizations and their customers. Our pioneering Security Operating Platform emboldens their digital transformation with continuous innovation that seizes the latest breakthroughs in security, automation, and analytics. By delivering a true platform and empowering a growing ecosystem of change-makers like us, we provide highly effective and innovative cybersecurity across clouds, networks, and mobile devices.
Our Security Operating Platform is built for automation. It is easy to operate, with capabilities that work together, so customers can prevent successful cyberattacks. They can use analytics to automate routine tasks, so they can focus on what matters. We are known for continuously delivering innovations; and with Application Framework, we extend that to an open ecosystem of developers that benefit from our customers’ existing investment in data, sensors, and enforcement points.
- Provide Technical Support to customers and partners
- Provide configurations, troubleshooting and best practices to customers
- Managing support cases to ensure issues are recorded, tracked, resolved, and follow ups are done in a timely manner
- Provide fault isolation and root cause analysis for technical issues
- Publish Technical Support Bulletins and other technical documentation in the Knowledge Base
- Review of technical documentation for training materials, technical marketing collateral, manuals, troubleshooting guides, etc.
- Travel may be required to customer sites in the event of a critical situation to expedite resolution
- Education: BS/MS or equivalent experience required
- 3+ years of related experience
- Experience with endpoint security software (Antivirus, DLP, IPS, NAC)
- Experience with Security is a plus (IPSEC / SSL-VPN / NAT / GRE)
- Required experience with supporting endpoint software products
- Required strong experience with Windows OS based applications (Installation, troubleshooting, Debugging)
- Strong experience with MS environment (Exchange, SCCM, GPO, AD, MSSQL, IIS)
- Experience with batch scripting is a plus
- Strong ability to independently debug broad, complex, and unique environments with mixed applications and protocols required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
In this role you will work as part of a very strong team of TAC Engineers to support Palo Alto Networks End User Customers with all queries regarding our non-signature based Endpoint solution. Strong fault isolation and root cause analysis skills are required to diagnose and solve complex technical issues and provide timely solutions to customers in a professional manner. Regularly updating support cases to record progress of calls in call tracking system and documenting technical solutions and product information in the knowledge base is required. Traveling may be required to customer sites to assist in fault isolation and root cause analysis. Work with Development, Sales, Q/A and Marketing to build a positive customer experience.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversitywebsite.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.