Principal Software Engineer (Cortex Platform)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a member of the analytics and visualization group, you will be responsible for designing and developing new and innovative visualization and analytics for different services and apps at Palo Alto Networks next-generation security platform. You will take ownership for large software components, help in the design of the architecture, apply your knowledge to functional design, utilize your programming skills for efficient and robust implementation, and interact with quality assurance in the whole software development cycle.
- Tackle new and challenging problems by building a new generation of visual analytics systems for network security
- Participate in architecture; design and development of features for the company’s visual analytics platforms
- Solve complex web software development problems and build the necessary support on the backend
- Research, suggest and implement different web/visualization/analytics frameworks suited to the specific platform
- Be able to design complex test cases for the system and work with the QA team
- Suggest and implement improvements to the development processes
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- MSc/Ph. D. a plus
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Familiarity with WebGL a plus
- Experience in RESTful APIs and API Communication a plus
- Experience with Cloud platforms such as GCP and AWS a plus
- Experience with large data processing tools such as Apache Spark, Apache Arrow, fast in-memory columnar data stores, etc a plus
- Experience with Docker & Kubernetes ecosystems is a plus
- Able to troubleshoot system-level integration and performance issues
- Fast learner and eager to absorb new emerging technologies
- Have a “Can-do” attitude on problem-solving, quality and ability to execute
- Enjoys working with different teams with strong collaboration and communication skills
- Experience with modern web build tools and frameworks such as npm/yarn, Webpack, ReactJS, Redux is a big plus
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks and the products and services that dedicatedly address them. Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. They are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. These engineers aren’t shy about building products to tackle problems no one has pursued before. They define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
Our engineering team is provided with an unrivaled chance to create the products and practices that will support our company growth over the next decade, defining the cybersecurity industry as we know it. If you see the potential of how incredible people products can transform a business, this is the team for you. If you don’t wait for directions, instead, identifying new features and opportunities we have to just get better, this is your new career.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.