Senior Security Operations Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a senior member of the InformationSecurity team, you will work on designing both technology and processes that will ensure the highest levels of security, availability and reliability of all our applications. We need creative and innovative problem solvers who can partner with our Application development teams to make their services more usable without compromising on security. Our Information Security team is furnished with a standout opportunity to build tools, standards, frameworks, and cloud platforms that will support our company's growth over the next decade. If you are a self-starter and jump on new ideas to make the platform more stable, secure and feature rich, this is your new career.
- Create and Drive standardization and implementation of global security policies
- Subject Matter Expert on Network, Application and Cloud Security Architecture and Design
- Design and build public and private Cloud infrastructure to enable reliable and rapid deployment of microservices with effective monitoring and resilient operations
- Prototype security automation code for provisioning and operating infrastructure at massive scale
- Identify and drive opportunities to improve automation for code deployment, management and visibility of application services
- Work with development teams to make sure the applications are production ready, scalable, secure and reliable from the ground up
- Establish end-to-end security monitoring and alerting on all critical components of the application
- Directs root cause analysis of critical business and production issues
- Develop and mentor other Engineers on security standards and policies, and methodologies from infrastructure orchestration to troubleshooting application services in production
- Participate in design reviews and work cross-functionally with Engineering teams on security operational readiness
- 8+ years of experience in a Security Engineering or Leadership role
- 4+ years of experience in DevOps, Site Reliability, or infrastructure engineering for a web company
- 2+ years expertise in securing AWS or GCP cloud computing and its related services
- Expertise in configuration management with a framework such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet or Terraform
- Strong experience with Linux and Network devices
- Proficiency with a programming language like Python, Go and shell scripting to automate tasks
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipeline, Gitlab, Jenkins, Artifactory
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, communication, and teamwork skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication, able to collaborate and rally support
- Familiarity with Application/microservices security and Web App Firewall
- Passion for automation and monitoring instrumentation in the code
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team
- Self-disciplined, self-managed, self-motivated and strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot complex distributed systems handling high volume transactions
- Passionate to learn, understand, and dissect new technology stack quickly on own
- Strong fundamentals in HTTP including HTTP headers, Process and System API services
- Strong Fundamentals in SSL/TLS
- General understanding of PKI
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education, and experience in information / cyber security, computer systems, IT, etc.
Think about it, security for an information security company. Working at a high-tech cybersecurity company within the Information Security team is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined with the brightest minds in technology, our global teams on the front line of defense against cyberattacks. We’re joined by one mission – but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team that feels excitement at the prospect of a challenge and feels a thrill at resolving security gaps that inhibit our privacy.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversitywebsite.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or