Presales Consultant (Security Operations)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Systems Engineer (SE), you will be the expert for our Cortex portfolio, including Advanced Endpoint Protection (Traps), Cortex XDR - Investigations and Response, and Analytics, plus Autofocus, Data Lake and Demisto (security orchestration, automation & response).
Your role is one of technical mentorship--working with your account manager to build integrated solutions for our clients’ unique environments. With your colleagues, you will help to build market share in the India region. Most importantly, you will play a key role in protecting our digital way of life, by helping customers to leverage our next generation cybersecurity solutions. This position can be based in either Mumbai or Delhi with occasional travel across the region.
● Present Cortex products and solutions to customers in the India region
● Lead conversations about cybersecurity trends and technologies
● Lead and support customer demonstrations that showcase our unique value
● Work with sales, marketing and channels teams to help generate demand and drive consumption
● Provide consultation and guidance for rollout, implementation, and policy conversion during the pre-sales process
● Take ownership of advanced proof of concept (POC) testing
● Help conduct training for updates in the Palo Alto Networks product suite
● Minimum 5 years of experience as an pre-sales systems engineer, consultant, or architect
● Hands-on experience with application security or endpoint security products, ideally in a security operations centre (SOC) environment
● Knowledge of the cybersecurity landscape in India, and emerging technologies
● Experience with enterprise software deployment methodologies
● Ability to install, configure and integrate a complex security environment
● Understandinding of malware, exploits, operating system structure and behavior
● Deep knowledge of endpoint prevention, SIEM, vulnerability management tools, SOC, firewalls, and other security technologies both from a technology and a business driver standpoint
● Experience with Incident Response tools and workflow processes
● Experience selling, demonstrating, and installing network infrastructure security product
● Executive presence, and the ability to communicate and present technical concepts to various stakeholders
● Advanced problem finding and solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution
● Familiarity working with channel partners and an understanding of channel driven go-to-market (GTM) strategies
● Ability to travel up to 60% within the designated region
As part of our Systems Engineering team, you’ll support the Sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with customers. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks who isn’t committed to your success--everyone pitches in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. You are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredibly complex cyberthreats.