APAC Travel Manager
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The Region Travel Manager position is responsible for managing the success of the Corporate Travel Program in outlined Global Regions. You will engage with stakeholders and travel partner firms, in coordination with the Global Travel Program initiatives.
- Collaborate with Global Travel Manager on WW Travel Program initiatives
- Manage regional corporate travel initiatives within the overall Global Travel program in concert with the Global Travel Manager
- Administer and manage Global Hotel RFP Process
- Manage regional Concur Travel tool integrations
- New country rollouts
- Manage and improve regional preferred supplier relationships (Air/Hotel/Car Hire)
- Coordinate internal and external communications with stakeholders, third party representatives, etc. under Global Travel Initiatives
- Negotiate Regional airline discount agreements
- Review compliance of supplier contract records validating status and record accuracy
- Establish a high level of transparency for the management team, allowing them to better manage their travel costs from a ‘pre-trip’ perspective
- Engage travelers to ensure exceptional traveler experience in each perspective region
- Establish and maintain key relationships with region executives and VIP travelers
- Monitor and manage SLA compliance by the preferred agency supplier in each perspective region
- Conduct monthly review of supplier invoices as needed
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience, and 5+ years’ work experience in a Travel Industry related role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong organizational skills, including the ability to manage initiatives across teams, driving Travel brand awareness and driving Travel program engagement and development
- Knowledgeable and proficient in the negotiation of basic commercial terms, ensuring successful partnerships are established with key Suppliers
- Ability to be the Ambassador for Global Travel Program, establishing and maintaining strong internal partnerships with key stakeholders
- Ability to be an influencer internally and externally
- Strong data and reporting skills
Our People team at Palo Alto Networks works throughout the organization to enable...you guessed it, people. Every team within the organization has a huge impact on our mission statement. We’re one team – driven to one mission statement. Each piece matters, and within the people team, you are focused on enabling our teams to resolve the world’s most aggressive cybersecurity risks. Our People team is centered on building, attracting, recruiting, and retaining the most passionate and committed talent to our organization, fulfilling that mission. We focus on building strong teams, centered on respect and enablement, empowering our employees to seek their career goals. You will be part of a growing, passionate, and dynamic team with an opportunity to work on challenging and exciting projects – centered on what we believe is one of the most significant mission statements in the world.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.