Director Product Management (SD-WAN)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We are looking for a product manager who has been responsible for SDN product portfolio. Strong networking knowledge with hand on experience delivering Virtualization platforms and SD-WAN product to market. Ideal candidate would be comfortable with technical discussions with engineering, operations as well as outbound on-stage presentations and webinars. Palo Alto Networks is a fast-paced organization and time management is key to success. Experience with process of defining large scale management systems with intuitive workflow highly desired.
- Drive next-gen network edge portfolio with virtualization, 5G, SD-WAN and multi-cloud by composting requirement documents and participate in engineering spec reviews
- Conduct interviews with Palo Alto Networks customers, understand their needs and develop measurable differentiated product capabilities to address those needs
- Work across functional agile teams (Engineering, UX, customer support, operations, finance, sales and marketing)
- Identify technology partners and drive integration into market leading product
- Drive joint sales (SKUs, solution bundles, incentives) and marketing (collaterals, webinars, trade shows) models with cross-functional teams within and partners
- BS/MS in a technical field or equivalent in experience
- MBA is desirable
- Minimum 5-10 years in product management or equivalent
- Ability to understand complex business problems and interpret business and technical requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Drive to identify unique and improved ways to meet the project needs
- Outstanding business and analytical capabilities
- Engage in direct conversations and negotiations with senior and executive leadership
- Must be hands-on in style and approach to working
- Experience launching both cloud and traditional products and services
- Demonstrable track record of success
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that dedicatedly address them. Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. They are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. These engineers aren’t shy about building products to tackle problems no one has pursued before. They define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment. Our engineering team is provided with an unrivaled chance to create the products and practices that will support our company growth over the next decade, defining the cybersecurity industry as we know it. If you see the potential of how incredible people products can transform a business, this is the team for you. If you don’t wait for directions, instead, identifying new features and opportunities we have to just get better, this is your new career.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.