Backend Engineer (Prisma Cloud Compute)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We are looking for a number of top-tier, Backend software engineers to join the team. We mostly work with Linux containers and Serverless workloads. The span of tasks is broad and can vary from web application development to kernel module hacking. Potential candidates must have the skills and know-how necessary to master any new technology and become productive in a short time frame. The common thread running through all tasks is that we work with cutting-edge technologies bound to become the next standards in the security industry.
- Own (design, implement, and test) important feature areas in the Twistlock product. There are no ownership areas. You will touch everything from client-side code to Linux kernel
- Work in close coordination with the PM and QA teams
- Deal with real customer issues
- Research new technologies and see how they can be adapted to the product
- Full-Stack/ Backend Engineer with at least 2 years of experience.
- Computer science or an equivalent degree
- A strong passion for software development
The TeamOur team is in charge of deep cloud security within PANW.
We have three principles we believe in:
- Quality - no code enters our codebase without a unittest and no feature is added without an integration test. All tests run (and must pass) on every pull request. No code enters the codebase without a code review.
- Simplicity - we create a design for every significant feature and we make sure the solution is simple and clear. If it is not, we invest more work to make it simple.
- We don’t have code that we are afraid to refactor - any code can be refactored if needed. Once identified we change, test and ship.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.