Staff Software Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our Customer Experience team is all about helping our clients achieve better security through the adoption of security best practices leveraging the Palo Alto Networks platform with a prevention orientation. We are revolutionizing how quickly customers can maximize the value of their security investment, by incorporating an automation mindset, coupled with a methodology focus to help overcome barriers that may be in the way of improving security posture.
The Customer Experience Automation team is responsible for the innovation around the development of tools to help our customers better understand and measure their current prevention posture and adherence to best practices.
The Customer Experience Automation team is seeking a highly talented individual to help continue building and scaling our Best Practice Assessment (BPA) tool. The BPA has been used by thousands of customers and users to identify gaps in their security adoption and improve their alignment to best practices. Usage of this tool is a company priority with executive backing, so you would have the opportunity to make an outsize impact on both the company and our customers.
- Software developer/engineer
- Design, test, develop, deploy, maintain and improve software assets
- Deliver high-quality code through hands-on development with attention to detail
- Analyze/Research issues and provide solutions to resolve them quickly
- Enjoy mentoring others on development processes
- Actively participate in solution design with leads and architects
- 3+ years professional experience as a software engineer
- Experience with Unit/Integration/End-to-End testing using Jest, Mocha, Jasmine, etc.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven track record of delivering results to the business
- Experience in developing performant, robust solutions
- Must have the authorization to work within the United States
- Experience with React/Redux/Apollo
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with microservices
- Experience with Python/Django
Our Customer Support Experience is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it evolves. As threats and technology change, we stay in step to accomplish our mission.
You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.