Intern - Product Management (Certifications)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our global internship program trains the next-generation of cybersecurity talent across a range of specializations, from threat intelligence to information security, engineering, and marketing. The program also features a combination of challenging projects with tangible impact, engaging social events, and networking opportunities. Interns and recent graduates can learn about the network security industry from leading thinkers, grow their professional networks, and be part of a career-defining experience.
Our Summer Internship Program from May-August or June-September provides you:
● 1:1 mentorship
● Fun and engaging events that inspire your intellectual curiosity
● The opportunity to expand your knowledge and work on challenging projects
● Connections to other recent grads, and employees across the company as well as our leaders
Through this internship program, you will gain real-world, hands-on experience with:
● Key product certifications, risk management and compliance attestations
● Exposure to global public sector market requirements including but not limited to US Government, UK, EU and others
● Various cloud security frameworks, security controls, control design and solutions
● Information Security and Cybersecurity fundamentals
● Exposure to all the major cloud and network security products
● You will ideally have a Computer Science, Information Sciences, Information Security, Cognitive Science, EECS or other Engineering / Technical background
● You may have desired, but not required, security certifications such as CISSP, CISA CISM or other info security certifications
● You are curious about Information Security, Risk Management, Compliance or related areas as a career choice and want to get “real world” experience
● You are highly analytical, systematic and detail oriented
● You are curious about technology, like to be hands-on, and are eager to learn about cybersecurity.
● You love working with engineers, product managers, infosec professionals and certification experts
● You love asking questions, have a growth mindset and learning new stuff all the time
● You’re a transparent communicator. You’re excited to work as part of a team, and you thoughtfully seek and receive feedback.
● You are positive, dynamic, and high energy
Requirements – To apply, you must be pursuing a 4-year Undergraduate Degree with a GPA of 3.0 or above, a 2-year Master’s Degree or a Doctorate degree and returning to school in the fall. You must have the authorization to work within the United States.
The Certifications team is part of the Product Strategy and Operations team, serving our internal customers including product and sales teams as well as external customers. Our key focus is to ensure cost efficient and timely certifications including Common Criteria, FIPS, DODIN APL, FedRAMP, SOC 2, ISO and many other US and global certifications for all our products. Our team consists of subject matter experts and program managers who bring deep expertise in their fields. As a part of the R&D organization, we work hands-on with products and collaborate with various internal organizations as well as with external vendors, labs, consultants and agencies throughout the certification cycle. The very nature of our work involves many different parts of the organization - if you are excited about understanding and networking with different groups, there is no better place to start than on our Team!
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.