Intern - Cloud Software Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We are looking for a talented and motivated intern who will be able to conceive, design, implement and evaluate distributed systems that run at large scale. You will work on building up infrastructure in all aspects to serve real time, streaming pipeline to serve our intelligent cloud service. Help explore, research, prototype and identify the cutting edge technology to apply to existing cloud service in the near future.
Our Summer Internship Program from May-August or June-September provides you:
- 1:1 mentorship
- Fun and engaging events that inspire your intellectual curiosity
- The opportunity to expand your knowledge and work on challenging projects
- Connections to other recent grads, and employees across the company as well as our leaders
- The opportunity to expose yourself to the full landscape of cybersecurity
- You will learn technologies that lay the foundations of cloud computing
- Gain hands-on experience with scalable, extensible and real-time distributed systems
- The opportunity to work with self-motivated, intelligent, creative and hardworking team that continuously delivers and improves the most successful cloud system of Palo Alto Networks
- Hands on experience of golang and python
- Solid knowledge of computer theory, architecture, and algorithm
- Networking knowledge or experience is a plus
- Linux knowledge or experience is a plus
- Knowledge about data stream processing technology is a plus
- Have great passion and curiosity in cutting-edge technologies, and is highly self-motivated to get things done
Requirements – To apply, you must be pursuing a 4-year Undergraduate Degree with a GPA of 3.0 or above, a 2-year Master’s Degree or a Doctorate degree and returning to school in the fall. You must have the authorization to work within the United States.
Threat research systems team is responsible for working on data processing platforms and pipelines for threat intelligence research . We work directly with product managers, researchers and data scientists to provide URL analysis platform and distributed sample analysis systems. We build scalable, reliable, and manageable infrastructures providing great throughput that deliver services and intelligence. Lots of fun and latest advanced technologies are being tested and embedded into our systems constantly to make our services and platforms more reliable, efficient and accountable.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation,