Customer Success Engineer (Cortex XDR)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our digital way of life. It’s inspired by our vision: a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t simple statements. They won’t be easy either – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the nature of cybersecurity as we are.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
We are looking for a hardworking and passionate Customer Success Engineer who is customer obsessed and wants to help our customers during their cloud transformation journey. You will act as a trusted technical advisor to our customers to help ensure efficient Palo Alto Networks’ cybersecurity solution adoption, and to accelerate business value and ROI. In this role, you will work closely with customer Security Architects, Security Engineers, InfoSec and DevOps teams within mid-to-large enterprises to implement best in class cloud security solutions.
From day one, you will roll up your sleeves and hit the ground running and bring all of your experience to the team to increase customer satisfaction, value, retention, and expansion of our footprint. Most importantly, you have a positive, “can do” attitude and a passion for delivering technical solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- Ensure customers are maximizing their return on investment by rapidly implementing and operationalizing Palo Alto Networks cybersecurity solutions to achieve their business and security objectives
- Be Go-To technical specialist on Palo Alto Networks cybersecurity threat detection and response solutions and become a Subject Matter expert over time
- Address product capability and complex configuration queries and drive resolution of technical issues that may be blocking solution adoption; coordinate and prioritize timely resolutions with stakeholders including but not limited to Product Engineering, Customer Support, Consulting Sales Engineering
- Assist customers in implementing custom integrations and workflows to ensure Palo Alto Networks solutions are fully integrated into their security operations center
- Serve as a customer advocate in influencing product roadmap and improvements
- Identify use cases for cybersecurity solution adoption and identify and mitigate technical risks that may hinder adoption
- Performance metrics CSAT, Renewal rate, Reference-ability, Renewal likelihood, Adoption, Consumption, Customer Engagement
- Required experience with Security Incident Response; both IR tools and IR workflow process
- Required knowledge of enterprise security technologies such as SIEM, vulnerability management tools, SOC, and firewalls
- Experience with network and endpoint security technologies such as IPSEC, SSL-VPN, NAT, IPS, NAC, and Antivirus
- 4+ years of experience independently debugging broad, complex, and unique environments with mixed applications and protocols on endpoint and network solutions required
- Required experience with Windows OS based applications (Installation, troubleshooting, Debugging)
- Scripting experience with a focus on Python and PowerShell is a plus.
- Existing knowledge of, and experience with public cloud platform (IaaS) cloud-managed products, features, capabilities, and best use
- Relevant work experience in technical consulting, pre- or post-sales, support, customer success or similar roles
- Proven track record of handling customer escalations, balancing customer expectations, and negotiating successful resolutions
- Strong communication and presentation skills with experience delivering training to customers
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility for travel up to 30%
Our technical customer success team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it just evolves. Our technical team provides behind-the-scenes support to meet our customer’s needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay in step to accomplish our mission. You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re a fast-growing, immensely successful organization because of our people and products (built and supported by our people). We work the frontlines against cyberthreats and attacks, protecting everyday transactions in the digital environment. It means we’re good at scaling quickly to new threats, get fulfillment from resolving new problems, and think about things just plain differently.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special needs, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .