Director, Technical Support - Japan
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is looking for an experienced enterprise support delivery director for Japan, reporting to the Senior Director Global Customer Services, JAPAC. You are responsible for enabling customer success with our award winning network and cloud security products, consistent with Global Customer Services support delivery leaders. In this high growth business; fast paced, scaling, optimization, dynamic spirit and sustained performance are the essentials. The Support Delivery team is a high performance group of engineers supporting business critical customer environments. This person will have responsibility for Customer Support Delivery from our Japan Technical Assistance Center, and is expected to achieve results that will keep Palo Alto Networks at the forefront in the industry.
- Customer support is a strategic differentiator for Palo Alto Networks- helping drive customer loyalty, referenceability and repeat business. You will be measured by ability to achieve customer satisfaction goals. Customer satisfaction is the single most important measurement of the support organization, and the best way to measure our ability to achieve our mission to “Make our customers successful!”
- Ensure that support managers, team leads and engineers have the resources, cross-functional relationships and processes necessary to ensure success and sustained performance through release cycles. Mature and experienced guidance and direction to the team to deliver on organizational goals and objectives and maximize engineer opportunity to exceed targets and earn rewards and recognition. Responsibility for the team to meet organizational goals such as response time and resolve time goals.
- Ensure appropriate technical and soft skills training and mentoring. Ensure training is effectively addressing our goal to create a learning environment and maximizing customer satisfaction levels. Ensure that consistent and standard on-boarding training programs are in place and delivered effectively.
- Establish Goals & Objectives: Set team goals in-line with overall organizational goals. Also set specific goals for direct reports.
- Manage teams and perform Bi-annual reviews of all direct reports; set quarterly SMART goals and provide regular feedback on performance with respect to agreed upon goals.
- Strong collaboration and alignment with Global Support Operations teams across the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific to bring consistent process across global support teams with One-Team concept. Cross-Functional alignment with Sales, Engineering, Product Management, Support Delivery Team.
- Possess the energy and drive to inspire people and develop a highly motivated and performing team. Provide thought leadership in setting strategic direction and enabling the team to deliver thought guidance and the ability to empower people.
- BA/BS in computer science or equivalent
- Experience in an Enterprise Customer Support Organization, in a leadership capacity, is required.
- Experience running Technical Support delivery
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional internal and external customer satisfaction
- Prior experience to manage complex network security product support and release environments
- Proven trustworthy reputations for fairness, dependability and adherence to high ethical standards with honesty and consistency in actions and words.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be high-energy and self-starter with higher standards for customer support.
- Experience in representing an organization to customers at the highest executive levels, C Level
Our technical support team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it evolves. As threats and technology change, we stay in step to accomplish our mission.
You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversitywebsite.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.