VP, Corporate Finance
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.Your Career
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the Vice President of Corporate Finance is responsible for setting strategy and overseeing business analysis, financial planning, mergers & acquisitions, and risk management. This position partners with all departments within the organization, the senior leadership team at Palo Alto Networks.
- Analyze and report on consolidated monthly, quarterly and annual results and those of each operating segments as well as general and administrative expenses
- Provide recommendations for revenue and profitability improvement
- Develop priorities to improve productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Consults with business leaders at the EVP and SVP level to drive and influence strategic decision-making within a broad scope (e.g., balancing risk, approving significant deals)
- Conduct industry and competitive analyses to identify and address the company's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats
- Develop and recommend budget targets and assist in long-term strategic/financial plans
- Analyze budget and forecast submissions for accuracy, reasonableness, and consistency with objectives
- Leads process improvement and policy development initiatives that impact the function globally
- Oversees the key controls within multiple domains of responsibility to ensure compliance with legal and accounting requirements
- Manages complex, ongoing business challenges and changes stemming from shifting organization structure, linkages, and strategy
- Bachelor’s in business administration, Finance, Economics, or equivalent (e.g., CPA, MBA) strongly preferred
- 15+ years of experience in a finance function or exhibiting an exceptionally strong background in some other relevant and applicable area of business
- 6+ years of people management experience
- Requires a strategic thinker that demonstrates leadership, vision, and insight
- Requires a hands-on manager with a strong finance background
- Requires strong verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Requires experience preparing presentations and presenting to senior executives and/or boards of directors
- Requires experience developing complex financial models and writing and reviewing complex proposals
You have a passion for numbers, our organization has a passion for cybersecurity. You’re looking for a career with a more fulfilling mission. We have open positions to top talent seeking a financial challenge. Our finance department deals with number daily, supporting infrastructure, dealing in automation, building elegant models and solutions to empower our business lines and solutions. The ideal candidate has exceptional skills in financial modeling and analytics and an innovative mindset to approach finance problems differently. Our innovation doesn’t stay in Research and Development. Within finance, we seek people who are looking to try new things, while solving business critical equations. If you’re seeking a financial challenge but with a world-wide impact – this is it.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.