Principal Cloud Security Architect (Information Security)
- Our Mission
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyber threat.
We are seeking a Security Architect to join our Information Security team and partner with the Palo Alto Networks’ business groups to best understand the organization’s needs and how they relate to our global information security posture. In this role you will report to the Director, Security Architecture and will be responsible for executing security related projects and programs. You will be working very closely with the infrastructure and product teams to assess our security, make recommendations, and suggest solutions. This is a fast-paced, post startup environment and part of your success will lie in your willingness to learn and drive change across the organization.
- Design and implement security capabilities to protect Palo Alto Networks enterprise and hosting environments.
- Lead cross functional teams to architect, design and deploy cloud services and application architectures.
- Collaborate with multiple engineering teams to establish security standards, baselines, policies, and controls that predict and prevent threats to Palo Alto Networks.
- Identify, assess and remediate security architecture gaps across the Palo Alto Networks environment.
- Be a strong thought leader and clearly communicate and build support for your ideas
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience and training.
- 6 years experience in an architectural or engineering role related to cyber security.
- Extensive experience with securing large scale public cloud deployments and distributed systems using public cloud hosting, including GCP, AWS or Azure.
- In depth knowledge of threat model, network security, cryptography, authentication and authorization.
- Experience with implementing common security frameworks and controls in highly automated environments, especially in CI/CD environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with defined objectives.
- Well organized and able to utilize the best methods and approach problems with a creative, can-do attitude.
Think about it, security for an information security company. Working at a high-tech cybersecurity company within Information Security team is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined with the brightest minds in technology, our global teams on the front line of defense against cyberattacks. We’re joined by one mission – but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team that feels excitement at the prospect of a challenge and feels a thrill at resolving security gaps that inhibit our privacy.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.