Scrum Master (IT Employee Success)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age. It’s inspired by our vision: a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t simple statements. They won’t be easy either – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the nature of cybersecurity as we are.
In this role you will manage Employee Success’ portfolio of quarterly initiatives, helping identify and calculate business value, define timelines and scope, and ensure cross functional resource availability. You will manage three scrum teams, facilitating daily stand-ups, bi-weekly sprint planning, retrospectives, and sprint demos. Helping each scrum team deliver and improve key metrics and deliver valuable initiatives that delight our employees.
- Facilitate daily standups, grooming sessions, sprint planning, and demos with key stakeholders
- Proactively look for improvements and identify innovative ways to deliver initiatives and proof of concepts
- Quickly identify roadblocks and remove them to allow technical teams to develop
- Guide product owner with prioritization and manage backlog
- Identify number of initiatives possible in an iteration based on prior metrics, including velocity and capacity
- 5+ years Scrum Master experience with a Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Agile methodology and best practices
- Ability to identify epics, create user stories, and spikes.
- Understanding of backlog aging/tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and capacity planning
- Excellent communication skills and ability to coach, influence, and partner with all levels of employees; internal IT and external
- Strong technical aptitude, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Highly organized with great attention to detail
- Experience using Jira a huge plus
- NICE to have: SAFe Agile practices
The Employee Success Team builds and supports technology to create delightful experiences for our employees. It’s crucial that everything we offer and create are easy for people to use and understand. We have a high-performance culture filled with people that refuse to take no for an answer. Our team takes pride in taking technical excellence to a whole new level and are intrinsically motivated to do some of our best work yet.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our culture and dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our careers page.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Learn more about Palo Alto Networks here https://jobs.paloaltonetworks.com/culture/