Cortex Sales Initiatives Manager
Do you have a passion for driving growth through sales initiatives that capture market share? Are you an excellent communicator, self-aware with field sales or inside sales and sales strategy experience who enjoys working directly with leaders in a fast paced, collaborative environment to create and transform sales initiatives and campaigns that grow revenue and market share? The Cortex business unit inside of Palo Alto Networks is looking for a Sales Initiatives Manager to drive revenue and market share growth.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track-record of end-to-end sales initiative and campaign creation, execution and management utilizing agile, collaborative and transformational methodologies. You will be responsible for initiative concept to design through to implementation, success measurements and continuous improvement, developing campaigns into broader programs that will support the growth of an evolving team. We’re looking for an individual to earn trust from stakeholders across the organization and seamlessly deliver results. Communicating details throughout the project plan to all participants and identifying new opportunities along the way.
- Create, identify, design and execute new sales initiatives that grow revenue and market share — assessing and prioritizing these initiatives based on strategic goals, business needs and customer value.
- Lead various simultaneous projects/programs/initiatives that may span different topics. It is crucial you have a track record of cross-company program execution and success. You must be comfortable collaborating to overcome barriers to success and implement new, or changes to, existing programs, processes, or business practices to drive sales growth.
- Executing sales organization-wide initiatives — influence and align stakeholders, define project plans, iterate for success, assemble resources, manage implementation activities, communicate analysis/effectiveness and help develop processes associated with program roll-out and ongoing support.
- 7-10 years of relevant sales, sales management and sales strategy experience
- BS or MBA in Business or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of business strategies and drivers, particularly in a sales organization
- Record of delivering transformational sales programs that grow revenue and market share
- Understanding of customer journey and sales opportunity progression
- Experience in collaborating with cross-functional teams in a matrix organization, and leading operational and strategic initiatives in a hyper-growth/disruptive environment
- Demonstrated program ownership and consistent delivery on commitments - great organizational skills with exceptional follow through and attention to detail
- Well-honed analytical skills, comfortable working with data and developing insights from it, experience establishing and tracking program metrics
- Demonstrated business acumen, understanding of organizational strategy, and successful experience managing all aspects of cross- business unit programs, including communicating with internal and external stakeholders and directing matrixed teams and resources
- Ability to work positively through conflict resolution and negotiations
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills - ability to interface with all levels of the organization, specific strength in influencing decision makers and managing expectations
- Great listening skills and strong self-awareness
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, practices, methodologies and tools
- Experience identifying and resolving complex issues, and assuming leadership roles in unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances - solid sense of accountability and sound personal judgment. Agile and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Strong track record influencing at all levels
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere
- Forward looking with a collaborative and inclusive approach to solutions
- Strong team player and ability to work collaboratively with and through others
- Experience in Enterprise Software, Security a plus
- Expertise with collaboration tools (G Suite, Zoom, Slack). Advanced Skills in spread sheets and skilled at building slide presentations