Premium Support Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our methodology is first class support. We’ve been recognized for it as an industry leader and we’re dedicated to continuing this standard. In this role, you will work with our technical account managers to personalize our customer’s experience. You will learn your client’s business objectives in and out within their technical environment and focus on mitigating risks and resolving any technical issues in their networks. You’re close to the deployment of cybersecurity solutions – and we need you to recognize risks before they arise. You get a thrill from seeking out complex issues and find their resolutions – and you don’t wait for those issues to be escalated from our clients. Instead, you find them. You’ll be working hand in hand with our developers to reproduce the issues you find and develop permanent solutions to prevent them in the future.
- Provide designated technical support to customers as outlined by the statement of work and industry best practices
- Provide configuration review, troubleshooting and improved standard methodologies to our customers
- Lead support cases, making sure to record, track, and resolve each issue efficiently and proactively
- Provide fault isolation and root cause analysis for technical issues
- Publish Technical Support Bulletins and other user documentation in the Knowledge Base for continuous education and prevention
- Collect and retain customer specific documentation in a secure location for ease of troubleshooting
- Review of user documentation for training materials, technical marketing collateral, and manuals
- Travel will be required to customer sites in conjunction with Technical Account Managers for named accounts, and after hours and weekend on-call support as needed to support maintenance activities
- Deep technical knowledge and technical support with a strong customer focus or related experience
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, strength with establishing relationships
- Required experience with TCP/IP
- Possess working knowledge with Palo Alto Networks products and technology
- Experience in Routing & Switching (OSPF / BGP / VLAN / STP), and Security Protocols and Procedures (IPSEC / SSL-VPN / NAT / GRE)
- Shown ability to independently debug broad, complex, and rare networks with mixed media and protocols required
- Ability to clearly articulate technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences, and explain their impact on business
- Experience with Cisco, Checkpoint, Juniper (Netscreen), Fortinet products preferred
- Familiarity with Authentication Protocols (Radius / TACACS) a plus
Our technical support team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it evolves. As threats and technology change, we stay in step to accomplish our mission.
You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.