Lead, Finance Business Operations & Strategy
At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish — but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As an FBOS Lead, you will lead integral workstreams on high impact, high visibility projects. Acting as a thought partner to FP&A and business operators, you will work cross-functionally to drive financially optimal decisions and processes. At the same time, you won’t be afraid to directly engage data and form your own analytical perspective on strategic and operational decisions.
We are looking for a self-starter with strong analytical skills, an effective communicator, and a leader passionate for driving change in a dynamic fast-paced environment. If you are a motivated, intellectually curious, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you.
This is a foundation for finance leaders with opportunities for career growth and personal development. If you want to be on the front lines of a next-gen finance organization, apply today.
Note: This is an individual contributor role. There are 2 open positions.
● Conduct rigorous research, modeling, and data analyses to evaluate business strategic initiatives and processes
● Work with FP&A and business operator partners to build alignment and obtain buy-in for key analyses and conclusions
● Help FP&A partners improve reporting frameworks in order to connect metrics to outcomes – defining appropriate KPI to drive better decision making with data-informed insights
● We are not here to only strategize – we will pitch-in when needed to drive execution
● Deeply understand our business to identify opportunities to invest in future margin expansion and help FP&A and business operator partners build roadmaps toward profitability goals
● Bachelor degree in Economics/Finance, MBA from top tier institution or equivalent-experience preferred
● 7+ years related experience showing strong career progression; management consulting/investment banking/private equity experience a plus
● Excellent analytical and financial modeling skills, with understanding of SaaS and/or appliances industry business models
● Capable of seamlessly moving from the big picture to the details and back
● Effective communication skills with ability to distill and communicate complex and numbers-driven topics broadly to C-suite, front-line team members, and everyone in between
● Comfortable working with high level guidance and independently building working action plan
● Experience with and/or a willingness to master various financial systems, including SAP, BPC, Tableau, and other BI tools
● Possess intellectual curiosity and willingness and ability to adapt to the rapid business and organizational demands that result from a high-growth environment
You have a passion for numbers, and our organization has a real passion for cybersecurity. You’re looking for a career with a more fulfilling mission. We have open positions to top talent seeking a financial challenge. Our finance department deals with numbers daily, supporting infrastructure, dealing in automation, and building elegant models and solutions to empower our business lines and solutions. If you’re seeking a financial challenge but with a worldwide impact, this is it.
We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.