Senior Technical Marketing Engineer (Competitive Testing)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Technical Marketing Engineer (Competitive Testing) at Palo Alto Networks, you will play a key role in providing detailed technical information to our partners, customers, and our employees. You will work with cutting edge technology, redefining the future of network security. You will perform competitive analysis, perform technical gap analysis and support the product management in identifying next-generation innovations.
- Setup and maintain competitive test lab including test harness, competitive products, automation environment, etc.
- Configure and test competitive products, evaluate product strengths for security efficacy, product features etc.
- Work with marketing to develop collaterals with battle cards, presentations, white papers, etc.
- Work with Engineering in identifying product gaps based on competitive analysis and work with PMs to drive enhancements to bridge them.
- Be the domain authority on Palo Alto Networks products to help Systems Engineers with product related questions
- Identify Sales challenges based on any competitive situations and provide solutions
- Document technical concepts to ensure our products are well understood and utilized to the greatest extent possible
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience testing competitive products in the network/cybersecurity area
- Excellent knowledge of various NGFWs, IDS/IPS systems, and test tools
- Experience using vulnerability scanning tools, crafting attacks with tools like Metasploit, burp suite, etc
- Deep understanding of network and application security threats, attack techniques, and mitigation options
- Experience in automation tools, building dashboards, etc
- Thorough understanding of general networking and configuring routers, switches, etc.
- Experience with writing and editing technical documentation and operational procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest-growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that proactively address them. Our Product Management Team helps us do just that.
This team provides the behind-the-scenes support for our products by being a source of information for our systems engineers, staying on top of the environment we sell in, and helping to implement technical solutions based on our client’s feedback and needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay ahead to accomplish our mission.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.