Product Manager (Federal)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Federal product manager, you will play an instrumental role in ensuring our products and services meet the needs of our Federal Government customers across the globe. You will engage with Product, Engineering and Sales teams to drive new product content based on Federal customer requirements, cloud provider service announcements and security events. You’ll play a key role in disrupting the security industry and fundamentally changing how Federal Governments consume security technology, resulting in a more secure digital environment for all their constituents.
In addition to your own creativity, you will rely on interaction with our Federal sales teams, customers and partners to understand the requirements and needs that they face in their environments on a day-to-day basis. You’ll ensure we deliver product functionality for Federal Governments that match the level of innovation found throughout our organization. You think about products differently, facing difficult challenges, and innovating solutions never created before. You will be involved with the Federal-focused product capabilities throughout all stages of life-cycle: conception, definition, development, release, and post-release activities.
- Work closely with all product teams to ensure Federal Government features and requirements are built into product roadmaps
- Track delivery of critical Federal requirements across the entire product portfolio
- Understand how all our security products work and identify what is needed for them to be successful in the Federal space
- Develop creative features in support of the Federal product strategy to address emerging needs
- Develop Federal product roadmaps and services
- Support Federal Government customers with offering creation, go-to-market strategy, and implementation
- Market and customer analysis, requirements development, business case, collateral, pricing, product strategy, and product positioning
- Able to effectively communicate, with all invested areas of the organization, from engineering to sales
- Willingness to travel to further customer engagement and relationship development
- Anticipates future need and work to get ahead of potential client needs or requirements
- Feature prioritization and tradeoff decision-making
- Work closely with the Certifications team to coordinate all aspects of the certifications projects from start to finish with an eye for detail and accuracy
- Develop business cases and prioritize competing requirements working with Product and Sales teams
- Develop a solid technical understanding of the product line to speak fluently with SEs, RSMs, and more to explain our GTM strategy and capabilities
- Minimum 5-7 years of Product Management experience
- Strong experience in one or more of these certifications including FedRAMP, Common Criteria, FIPS, UC-APL, ISO 27001, SOC 2 or other country-specific certifications for European and APAC countries
- FedRAMP certification experience including knowledge of NIST 800-53 controls, FedRAMP process, SSP development, product gap analysis and assessment highly desired
- CISSP or other similar security certifications desired
- Domain expertise in security and cloud architectures, networking, and security for Federal Governments
- Hands-on nature with a strong interest in technology products
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently with limited direction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Hands-on in-style and approach to working with an extremely strong interest and demonstrable aptitude in technology products
- Ability to understand complex technical security architectures (including cloud architectures)
- Technical background in enterprise security; specialized knowledge in network security, cloud security, endpoint security and cryptography highly desirable
- Highly detail-oriented with the ability to hold your own with product owners and engineering teams
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of internal partners and customers
- Working knowledge of Military Branches, Pentagon, DoD Commands, the Intelligence Community, and Federal Civilian Agencies highly desired
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks and the products and services that proactively address them. Our Product Management Team helps us do just that.
This team provides the behind-the-scenes support for our products by being a source of information for our systems engineers, staying on top of the environment we sell in, and helping to implement technical solutions based on our client’s feedback and needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay ahead to accomplish our mission.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.