Director of Sales - Service Provider - Verizon
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a member of the Palo Alto Networks sales leadership team, you will report to the Vice President of Sales for America’s Service Providers. You will be responsible for building and driving the Verizon sales team to exceed company objectives and grow the district according to plan. You will be responsible for managing the Verizon sales team on a day-to-day basis including- pipeline review, Demand Gen review, Channel Review, and overall performance management of the sales team.
- Manage and lead a team of sales professionals, the relationship with Verizon and exceed revenue targets
- Develop and maintain a joint business plan with Verizon which covers all businesses including infrastructure, managed security services, and resale.
- Work closely with Sales Engineering and Professional Services teams to build complete solution based proposals
- Deliver well-inspected, accurate weekly sales forecasts and pipeline management
- Ensure Verizon team has well-documented account plans aligned with the value proposition and differentiated strengths of the company
- Disciplined inspection of team activities on account, leveraging relationships to drive revenue
- Assure Managed Service Go-To-Market team members partner with our Enterprise teams to build pipeline and close joint business with Verizon
- Assure Managed Service Creation team members partner with Verizon Product Management to embed our Palo Alto Networks Security Platforms into their managed security service offers
- Assure Infrastructure team members drive Palo Alto Networks Security Platform preference into mobile and wireline infrastructure
- Strong existing executive relationships at Verizon, specifically with Verizon Enterprise and Public Sector Sales
- Strong experience and successful launch of managed services with Verizon
- Proven ability to effectively manage a large team with a major account
- Strong track record of over achievement against quarterly and annual sales targets
- Demonstrable experience in high-tech enterprise sales working with leading high-tech companies with a record of over achievement.
- Demonstrate executive gravitas sufficient to engage, negotiate and win new relationships at CXO level
- Understanding of recent Cyber Security trends and key vendors in the industry
- Proven track record in selling & positioning network Security at a senior business level
- Excellent communication over the phone with high-level decision-makers
- Very strong presentation skills at the executive level
- Proficient in Google Apps & Sales Automation Tools (Salesforce.com)
- Minimum Bachelors degree from a leading university
- Very strong written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to speak and present to large business audiences at conferences & industry forums
- Experience working with Channel partners and understanding of a channel-centric go to market approach
- Team player with a positive attitude and good customer service skills
- High levels of self-motivation, adaptability, ease of handling multiple responsibilities and able to work on own with minimal supervision
- High organizational skills and very strong relationship-building interpersonal skills
- Able to build a highly functional team. Includes strong interviewing and hiring skills as well as employee performance management capabilities
- Able to respond to team objectives
- Ability to travel
Our sales team members work hand-in-hand with large organizations around the world to keep their digital environments protected. We educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients in their journey to security.
As part of our sales team, you are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, constantly updated research and sales libraries, and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our sales team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredibly complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.