Associate Professional Services Consultant - Cloud
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a member of our Professional Services Support Staff, you will provide technical support to on-site/field Professional Services Consultants and Resident Engineers, following documented methodologies in the areas of basic device configuration and upgrades, greenfield (new market) configuration buildout, cloud configuration, technical and nontechnical documentation (diagrams, customer run book, internal documentation), and performing the data gathering for health check and best practice assessments. In this role, you will also assist the Global Practice Leads in development and review of content as directed. For this entry-level position, Palo Alto Networks will train the right candidate for success.
- Integrate Palo Alto Networks’ elements to build a highly automated, virtualized environment, allowing customers to realize the best outcomes from our technology as it adopts cloud principles
- Implement solutions on customer cloud environments, leveraging Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR) methodologies
- Perform greenfield buildouts of new security policies and supporting objects
- Gather data for assessments of customer configurations
- Leverage Palo Alto Networks tools and methodologies for firewall rule conversion and migration
- Build technical documentation, including network diagrams, in support of Professional Services engagements
- Perform validation of candidate firewall configurations by leveraging lab environments
- Scripting experience — Python or Ancible preferred; Chef, Terraform, or CFT acceptable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic understanding of internetworking, LAN, and WAN technologies
- Basic knowledge of cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience supporting a network environment
- Self-starter who can manage multiple tasks at a given time
- Ability to work individually and as a part of a team
- 0-3 years network, security, cybersecurity, IT Helpdesk, or network support experience
- Some experience supporting cloud security a plus (but not required)
- Willingness to travel up to 10% of time
Our professional services team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients post-sale. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign — it evolves.
As threats and technology evolve, we stay in step to accomplish our mission. You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and fixing integrations and critical issues as they are raised. But you won’t wait for them to be raised; you’ll seek them out, too. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.