Channel Systems Engineer - India
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Palo Alto Networks Channel Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for presenting the Next-Generation security platform & technology solutions to Palo Alto Networks’ most strategic and impactful channel partners. As a field-based Channel SE, you will deliver training, best practices and demonstrations of our products in person and remotely. You will be accountable for gathering the partner’s technical requirements for new features and knowledge. As an extended member of the Sales and Channels team, the Channel SE will align with our Sales teams and Channel Account Managers in the region to create update and deliver the partner technical enablement strategy.
- Align partner needs and strategy with our value
- Provide product demos on all aspects of our Platform
- Provide technical enablement and training to strategic/national partners
- Strategically position Palo Alto Networks with other technologies sold by partners
- Facilitate the planning and preparation of partner Sales Engineers (SEs) in achieving Palo Alto Networks and industry certifications
- Oversee partner pre-sales activities, including competitive analysis, test plans, demos, proofs of concept, and RFPs
- Cross-communicate our company and partner value propositions, especially between partner and our field SEs
- Understand and effectively present our security platform
- Create, execute, and review a technical readiness plan with the CBM/regional sales team, including measurable achievements to track progress
- Provide localized technical training to partner’s pre-sales and post-sales technical resources
- Support product/service training of the partner sales teams
- Educate and promote the use of our support model and effective use of available resources
- Collaborate with the CBM/regional sales team on the development and management of the channel partner business plan and mutual action plans
- Understand and communicate the business advantages of a partnership
- Develop a deep understanding of channel partner objectives
- General understanding of local/national partner community, technology trends, and competitive landscape
- Strong communication and listening skills, including effective delivery of presentations
- Ability to write and speak clearly and precisely
- An understanding of how to qualify partner needs to build accord
- Flexible and adaptable self-starter with strong relationship-building skills
- BSCS or equivalent and 6+ years of experience as a SE or Systems Integrator
- Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration, and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable)
- Experience emphasizing L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, VLANs/trunking, IP routing including static routes, OSPF and BGP, route re-distribution, L4 Load-balancing)
- Industry knowledge of security and network product and technology trends
- Knowledge of competitive solutions and selling strategies
- Experience selling, demonstrating, installing or troubleshooting network security products
- Highly preferred: Technical Channel SE experience working with assigned partners and understanding of a channel centric go to market approach
- Experience working on Palo Alto Networks products (ACE and CNSE certs) is preferred
- Experience from companies in the enterprise networking security space is preferred
- Experience installing and configuring a virtual environment is preferred
- Experience understanding threat signatures and their creation is preferred
Palo Alto Networks has brought technology to the market that is reshaping the cybersecurity threat and protection landscape. Our ability to protect digital transactions is limited only by our ability to establish relationships with our potential customers and help them understand how our products can protect their environments. This is where our systems engineer (SE) teams come in. Our SE team members work hand-in-hand with large organizations to keep their digital information safe. Our passionate systems engineering teams educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients.
As part of our SE team, you help support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineer team, you are driven by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.