Systems Engineer - Mumbai
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Pre-Sales Systems Engineer, you are an important member of our technical sales team, identifying complex security challenges in your customers’ networks and driving solutions with our market-leading security products and services.
You are the technical sales representative of the company and focus on customer satisfaction with all that you do. You and your sales partner own the customer relationship and your goal is to help them detect and prevent advanced cyberattacks and breaches while safely enabling applications by deploying the full Palo Alto Networks platform so that they can confidently pursue network, cloud, and mobile technology initiatives.
- Understand and effectively present our security platform and solutions
- Create and deliver compelling demonstrations of Palo Alto Networks products and solutions
- Educate customers and partners on the modern network security landscape
- Identify and qualify new opportunities and support technical pre-sales activities to opportunity closure
- Expand the Palo Alto Networks install base within existing accounts
- Enable and leverage channel partners and work successfully in a channel-driven sales model
- Create evaluation test plans with customers and lead the evaluation process to a successful conclusion
- Differentiate from industry technologies and solution
- Assist customers through the support escalation process
- Continuous self-improvement and learning to maintain current technical knowledge and participate in technical communities of interest
- Identify problems in customer environments; effectively engages customers at the technical field and technical management levels
- Effective in customer-facing engagement, in writing, presentation, and creative problem-solving skills
- BSCS or equivalent and 6+ years of experience as a Pre-Sales Systems Engineer or Solution Consultant or Sales Engineer or Systems Integrator
- Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration, and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable)
- Experience emphasizing L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing including OSPF and BGP, L4 Load-balancing)
- Industry knowledge of security and network product and technology trends
- Experience selling, demonstrating, installing and/or solving network infrastructure security products
- Extensive domestic travel within the territory is often required, and international travel may be required as necessary
- Experience selling network infrastructure based security appliances including, but not limited to: Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies and Caches
- Practical experience working with routing and switching products that will be installed adjacent to our appliances
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution
As part of our Systems Engineering team, you’ll support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineering team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfilment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.