VP, Corporate Strategy (Marketing, HR & Ops)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is scaling its world-class strategy organization and looking for its next senior leaders in the area of security services. Though our security services are successful both in the market as well as at preventing attackers, the landscape is continually changing and in need of innovation leadership.
The Palo Alto Networks Corporate Development and Strategy function is a focused team that works on our most mission-critical business challenges to drive and support our industry-leading growth. We work on projects that move the needle, have major C-level visibility and impact the company’s overall trajectory. We’re highly valued by executives across every function and are in major demand. We operate as a tight-knit unit with a supportive, learning-oriented and fun culture that enables our team members to thrive. We aim to be a collaborative, inclusive and meritocratic team
You will report to Chief Strategy Officer and lead core process hiring and quote to cash process improvement across human resources, finance, marketing, IT and operations, partnering closely with the head of those functions. Palo Alto Networks is scaling its world-class strategy organization and looking for its next senior leaders in the area of security services. Though our security services are successful both in the market as well as at preventing attackers, the landscape is continually changing and in need of innovation leadership.
Your work as a VP scalable business processes will directly and visibly contribute to our overall strategy and success. You will be tasked with complex business and technology problems that are top-of-mind for our executives. We expect you to work collaboratively with other business functions to drive analysis, independently lead problem-solving, manage stakeholders and uncover value and opportunities for the business.
- Responsible for developing and driving our strategy for scale in each of these functions
- Work with senior leadership to develop best in class strategies and processes for the Human Resources, Finance, IT, Marketing and Operations teams
- Formulate and drive a strategy from the identification and analysis of business issues. Create perspectives on business changes, and align conclusions with appropriate stakeholders
- Structure and break down complex problems, develop a hypothesis, drive analysis and deliver recommendations in data-driven meetings
- Lead thoughtful analysis across large data sets and synthesize insights and opportunities
- Develop and present high-quality recommendation and deliverables for executive level consumption and contribute to associated strategy and execution discussions
- Work collaboratively across a cross-functional set of stakeholders to gather the right information, pressure test your hypothesis, co-create deliverables, accelerate execution and unlock value
- 5-10 years of experience in a Consulting environment e.g. Bain or McKinsey (preferably as a Partner)
- Experience in designing processes and systems to scale for growth including people, operations, financial processes and IT at Fortune 2000 companies
- Highly motivated, high impact, energetic self-starter, passionate leader who can thrive in a high performance, results-driven environment
- Effective verbal and written communication ability and comfortable with both business and technical discussions with senior audiences
- Experience in building trusting relationships and influencing others
- Collaborative team player willing to go beyond strategy in order to support execution and realization
- Proven leader who thrives in fast-paced, high-growth environments
- MBA from a top tier institution
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks and the products and services that proactively address them.
Our organization and employees are committed to changing as rapidly as our industry’s threats do, and to do that, we need creative product teams to address emerging cyber threats. They provide the behind-the-scenes support for our products by being a source of information on our products for our systems engineers, staying on top of the environment we sell in, and helping to implement product wide technical solutions based on our client’s feedback and needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay ahead to accomplish our mission.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.