Senior Java Cloud Backend Engineer (Public Cloud Security)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
The public cloud market has been growing at a rapid rate for the last few years and as more enterprises use public cloud, there is a critical need for creative engineers to help develop software to prevent cyberthreats within the cloud environment. In this role, you will develop security disciplines to solve real-world problems and critical cybersecurity challenges.
You love to code and build exceptional products, and you bring new ideas in all facets of software development. You are someone who is highly technical, understands cloud technologies, and understands the complex world of cloud eco-systems and integrations. You love solving challenges for our customers in complex environments, and you aren’t deterred by the fact that much of this technology just has not been done before. In fact, you like the prospect of the challenge.
- Responsible for complete software development process including requirement analysis, design, development, deployment and support
- Write clean, testable, readable, scalable and maintainable Java code that scales and performs well for thousands of customers
- Participate actively and be a factor to design and development discussions
- Develop strong understanding and be able to explain advanced Cloud Computing and Cloud Security concepts to others
- 10+ years of solid experience building web applications in Java/J2EE
- Strong computer science fundamentals (e.g. understanding of lock-free data structures, bloom filters, minimal perfect hashing, consistent hashing etc.)
- Experience designing/building scalable REST API’s and Soap web services
- Experience with open source frameworks/servers (Spring, Hibernate, Apache Tomcat)
- Experience with distributed computing (understand implications of CAP theorem, master election, brain split problem) and/or distributed DB/KVP (Cassandra, MongoDB, RedShift, Vertica etc.)
- Hands on experience with relational SQL (including window functions, recursion, etc.) and no-SQL technologies
The Public Cloud Security team is responsible for building products that protect data, workloads and infrastructure for some of the largest enterprise customers in the world. We help the customers in their journey to the public cloud by ensuring they have the best in class protection. The public cloud market has been growing at a very rapid rate for the last few years. As more and more enterprises use public cloud, there is an insatiable demand for securing workloads in public cloud. With the recent acquisition of two leading companies in this space - RedLock and Evident.io, Palo Alto Networks is the market leader in this space. This engineering group is part of our recent acquisition of RedLock and Evident.io.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. #LI-KT1