Senior Manager, Communications
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We are searching for an experienced communicator who can build on Unit 42’s momentum by developing innovative ways to share Unit 42 research and promote its researchers as thought leaders. We are looking for somebody who has a strong interest in cybersecurity, is familiar with recent trends in threat research - from ransomware and Mirai to the latest trends in cyber espionage.
You will serve as a conduit between a research team focused on publishing the industry’s most in-depth, sophisticated technical research and communications/marketing teams looking to translate the impact and significance of that work into language that is accessible to a broad audience - from IT and security teams that purchase our products to policymakers, journalists, potential employees and others looking to better understand emerging cyber threats.
This position will be based in Reston, Virginia, or Santa Clara, California, though we will consider other locations for the right candidate.
- Coordinate daily with Unit 42 threat researchers, PR, content and policy teams to edit, position, and publish papers, blogs, videos, podcasts and graphics in a consistent format, tone and voice, sometimes on same-day deadlines and occasionally on weekends
- Govern the distribution of Unit 42 content
- Develop copy for social media posts, threat-research email subscribers
- Coordinate with the internal creative services team to develop artwork designed to increase engagement with top research findings
- Partner with the PR and social teams to share Unit 42 research with press and influencers around the globe
- Work with partner groups on joint research, other activities
- Advise marketing teams on the use of Unit 42 research, expertise and thought leadership
- Provide communications support for programs sponsored by Unit 42 and the office of the Chief Security Officer
- Journalism, communications or content marketing experience developing, and curating written, video and graphic assets
- Experience in cyber threat communications/research
- Strong communicator with outstanding writing, editing, verbal and presentation skills
- Highly-motivated self-starter with experience managing projects among multiple stakeholders dispersed around the globe
- Able to translate tech speak into plain English, especially converting complex technical details into clearly understandable messages and soundbites
- Able to extract “the story” from complex, academic threat research and convert it into an easy-to-grasp pitch for the press, influencers, sales, and marketing teams
- Strong grasp of social media and the importance of social in the context of PR and influencer relations, content marketing and demand generation
Our global corporate communications team’s objective is to increase thought leadership and positive notoriety for Palo Alto Networks. We do things differently here, and our mission is to strategically engage and educate audiences with information that will lead to a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.