Senior SAP ABAP Developer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Senior SAP ABAP Developer, you will need to understand business needs and accurately translating these needs into technical solutions. You'll optimize custom-developed programs for minimizing resource utilization and run times. You will provide bug fixes as and when reported within the agreed time frames and quality standards. Follow applicable standards, procedures, guidelines, and methodologies in the support and/or maintenance of systems.
- Track and fully document change to ensure that issue logs are clearly documented and articulated
- Perform end-user training as well as internal cross-training to other team members as necessary
- Participate in project “Go-Live” activities, including the development and execution of project cutover plans
- Ability to Work with New Product Introduction team cohesively delivering SAP developments in weekly Sprints is a plus
- Requires experience with SAP R/3 ECC 6.0 (SD / MM /FI) and GTS.
- Requires experience with ABAP Objects, Web Dynpro, BAPIs, BADIs, LSMW, User-Exits, SAPSCRIPT, Smartforms, AdobeForms, and Strong debugging skills
- Broad experience with Interface-programming – desirably through PI
- Experience with OSS / SAP Notes & Upgrades (SPAU/SPDD)
- Ability to display good technical and group leadership skills during the course of delivering a project
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts, both verbally and written
- Ability to develop technical documentation for training and user procedures
- Ability to work in a flexible schedule, including weekend support during project Go Live / System maintenance activities
Working at a high-tech cybersecurity company within Information Technology is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined with the brightest minds in technology, creating, building, and supporting tools and that enable our global teams on the front line of defense against cyberattacks. We’re joined by one mission – but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team that feels excitement at the prospect of a challenge and feels a thrill at resolving technical gaps that inhibit productivity.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.