Marketing Operations Manager
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Marketing Operations Manager in the Global Marketing organization, you will drive efficiency and growth by providing data-driven insights that accelerate action and optimize our global marketing programs. You will play a key role in the continuous planning process and in program efficiency and optimization to reach maximum results.
In addition, you will also manage our promotional programs, which includes understanding the program performance and making business impacting recommendations.
In this role, you will work cross-functionally with product and campaign marketing, customer success marketing, business planning, data science, finance and sales teams to establish dashboards, analyze and understand the data, and deliver your findings in a clear and concise way to the theater and regional marketing leads.
- Provide key stakeholders with data-driven insights that accelerate action, optimize our global marketing programs and improve business performance
- Deliver the narrative behind your analysis along with suggested actions in a clear and concise way to key stakeholders
- Work with Marketing Data Science and Marketing Operations teams to establish consistent Marketing analytics dashboards across all theatres
- Serve as an expert in the program performance data sets/dashboards across all theatres
- Track where we stand in regards to Marketing’s overall goals and targets
- Assess gaps and work with cross-functional teams on improving data quality to get accurate reports
- Manage promotional programs and own the process and operations (from compliance, Salesforce, IT and vendor management standpoint)
- Manage and own the promotional program documentation, training and monitoring as well as the budgeting and reporting
- Increase program effectiveness and utilization to meet regional targets: Work with theaters to understand region-specific guidelines and requirements
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years of related experience in marketing and in high growth B2B Companies with a Bachelors degree
- Expert capabilities in data analysis (campaign & program performance, pipeline and customer sentiment data), data modeling, and building report/dashboards
- Dependable business and analytical skills, with the ability to articulate and present actionable insights to various business stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail, excellent time management and organizational skills and ability to work in a dynamic, high-volume environment
- Proven self-starter who thrives in fast-paced, high-growth environments with the ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Deep Excel /Google Sheets knowledge is required
- Prior work with Salesforce.com is required
- Prior experience building Einstein Analytics recommended, required the desire to learn
- Agile program management experience is preferred
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Our marketing team has an opportunity like in no other industry: high impact work and the chance to change the future of digital security, globally. Your hands will be in industry-leading content created in the face of rapidly growing threats: cyberattacks. Being in marketing at Palo Alto Networks means that you will be in the midst of the changes impacting our industry, and helping our internal teams, customers, and partners address the ever-changing threats we all face on a day-to-day basis.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.