Consulting Systems Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish — but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Palo Alto Networks Service Provider (SP) Consulting Engineer, you will be the expert on our solution offering within the Service Provider Vertical / Domain. Apart from being the “go to” resource for customer interactions that exceed standard Systems Engineering support requirements (we always expect a baseline expertise in all areas from our SE’s, but augment them with CE’s in the advanced or new technology areas).
The Service Provider Consulting Engineering role is a direct as well as an overlay technical role that must directly support sales delivery of quota. CE’s are measured by their expertise and by their ability to lead to customer successes. As the number of CE’s in the company is small, there is also a requirement for close interaction with Product Management , Engineering , Systems Engineers to ensure that we continue to out-innovate our competition.
- Present to customers at all levels in the hierarchy (from engineering team members to CIO) the solution, benefits etc
- Discuss, with credibility, competitive offers in the marketplace and positions ours as the best alternative
- Lead and support customer demonstrations independently & with our SE’s that showcase our unique value
- Interact locally and remotely with customers in an equally persuasive manner
- Drive key strategic accounts assigned to self in the region independently
- Lead conversations about industry trends and emerging changes to the security landscape that every customer needs to be aware of and planning to deal with
- Build and consult Service provider customers to address MSSP/CSSP requirements
- Provide demos for strategic prospects and current accounts in all facets of Palo Alto Network’s virtual offerings and integration in their environments
- Provide territory coverage within the region when additional resources are required
- Provide design consultation and best practice guidance for rollout, implementation, and policy conversion during the 'pre-sales' process for strategic accounts, assigned accounts & opportunities. The Consulting Engineer will take ownership of advanced 'proof of concept' testing in strategic accounts either at the customer site or Palo Alto Networks lab facilities
- Work with customers & eco-system partners to showcase,demo & conduct poc for different designed offerings / solutions
- Working with Product Management, Technical Marketing and R&D to create requirements and product features for our large customers and provide feedback from customers
- Provide product update and enhancement training to other SEs in the region or theater
- Assist in the training of new Palo Alto Networks SEs in their designated region in installs customer presentations, and internally-focused deal preparation activities
- Provide advanced 'Partner SE' & Internal SE training for updates in the Palo Alto Networks product suite
- In-depth knowledge in the area of focus for this specific CE role – both from a technology and a business driver standpoint
- Demonstrable knowledge selling, demonstrating, installing, securing and troubleshooting 5G, 4G/LTE, MEC and related technologies
- BSCS or equivalent and 10+ years of experience as a consulting engineer / solutions architect or equivalent role in the region
- Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing including OSPF and BGP ,L4 Load balancing)
- Experience network infrastructure security products
- In-depth knowledge of telco cloud virtualization technologies (Openstack, KVM,VMware ESXi and NSX, Cisco ACI, Nokia Nuage, Juniper Contrail)
- Detailed knowledge of mobile trends (5G and beyond, Implications of IoT, Network slicing, virtualization)
- In-depth Experience & Understanding of Security & latest trends in security
- Industry Certifications in Security space will be added advantage
- Experience & good understanding of service provider vertical in the region
- Experience in MSSP / CSSP space
- Experience of designing & delivering solutions in SOC, NOC space will be an added advantage
- Good understanding of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems
- Travel of 50% within the designated region
- Self-motivated & Self driven
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally
- Strong problem finding and solving skills, ability to analyse complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, even under duress
- Superb organizational skills
- Experience from companies in the service provider, advance security space, designing & consulting of soc solutions
- Experience working with Service Providers and understanding of MSSP/CSSP centric go to market approach
- Experience understanding of threats, exploits, malware, ransomware, advance threat detection & prevention
As part of our Systems Engineering team, you’ll support the Sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks who isn’t committed to your success – everyone pitches in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our Systems Engineering team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.