Channel Business Manager, Indonesia
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
You will center your role
- Evaluation of their management team’s strength, as well as their credit and financial stability
- Provide updates to company executives as / when necessary
- You will run an analysis of their return on working capital to enable learned discussions on increased profitability
- Understand solution provider vertical/horizontal expertise
- Define their addressable market and quantify the share of that market
- You will prepare an evaluation of sales capabilities and skills, decipher if they are focused on retaining, developing or acquiring business (RAD framework)
- You are responsible for preparing evaluations of technology skills and capabilities, to introduce new products or open new market sectors
- You will maintain constant awareness of percentage of company revenue from portfolio
- Understand their compensation structure and articulate rewards of overachievement for both the team and the individual when positioning our product
- Knowledgeable of distribution inventory turns, optimization and POS reporting requirements
- Create and present strategic plans that address all functional areas of their business; to include SMART* objectives for sales, marketing and services
- Undertake QBR and regular business reviews with your partners to ensure successful completion of objectives as outlined within the strategic plan
- Review sales data to understand trends and propose appropriate strategies to increase revenue and margin attainment; focus should be on product blend (revenue/units), number of deal registrations per month/quarter, percentage of sales with partner-led, service attach rates and an average discount to end customer
- Weekly review and presentation of key deals and pipeline management that supports the forecast
- Detailed reporting and maintenance of salesforce.com
- Encourage/ lobby the reseller sales force to execute upon the agreed plan to achieve forecasted financial targets
- Together with the reseller management regularly confirm all members of their team are aware and working towards the agreed objectives of the plan
- Identification and relationship building with top performing Sales employees, with a goal of focusing attention towards positioning our solutions over any alternative offering
- Train technical and sales teams to competently upsell / cross-sell company’s solutions including possible integration with alliance platforms
- Accountable for the high touch account mapping and engagement between Palo Alto Networks and the reseller, review feedback between both teams on a consistent basis
- Drive regular customer demonstrations and evaluate win ratio against blind pricing opportunities
- Ability to demonstrate the company’s money pull through ratio is highly desirable
- Provide regular updates on the company’s primary initiatives, promotions, and pricing that may help in the execution of the plan. These should also be highlighted at every QBR
- Review adoption rate of promotions and seek feedback from
partneron success and how they could be improved to increase effectiveness
- Responsible for partner being certified along with a clear program via company education to maintain/improve both sales and technical competence
- Liaise with Channel Marketing to understand partners Joint Marketing Funds (JMF) and how they will be utilized to deliver agreed business objectives
- Reseller and company CBM to have a detailed understanding of Palo Alto Networks complete product and services portfolio and how to integrate new solutions into their portfolio. In addition to having detailed knowledge of competitors and have the skills to articulate our advantage
- Training and positioning of company’s Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and Return on Investment tools should occur on a regular basis
- CBM will have accountability for all engagement between the company and the reseller; to include Sales, Marketing, Services, Finance, Engineering, and Regional Executive Management
- Work closely with the Director Channels APAC and RSD for the identification, analysis, and appointment of suitable Solution Providers that adhere to the Business Plan set out by the RSD and Channels Director
- Basic understanding of the market opportunity that the new partner will deliver on. Example: by horizontal, vertical and product
- Ability to scope and build a business plan to support onboarding of proposed partner
- Education to degree level in business or similar discipline
- Minimum 5 years sales experience in a hi-tech environment
- Minimum 3 years in indirect sales with proven experience in channel management with System Integrators and/or value-added resellers
- Experience handling distributors global and local
- Proven sales campaign management abilities. Experience of using and -implementing structured sales techniques spanning the entire sales cycle i.e. identification and qualification of opportunities, business development, order fulfillment and ongoing account management.
- Understanding of gross margin and margin blend
- Demonstrable track record of campaign delivery.
- Results oriented with a proven ability to deliver against stretch targets.
- Maturity to display natural team leadership as well as an effective teammate
- Articulate verbally and in writing
- Excellent persuasive presentation skills to influence senior levels within a partner organization
- Commercially astute, with the ability to promote and sell the company offer on a conceptual basis and through highlighting business benefit as well as product features.
The channel organization at Palo Alto Networks is a strategic pillar for our continued growth within cybersecurity, and a critical component to accomplishing our mission. Channel development is an extension of the territory sales team, with
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or