Manager, Support Delivery
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
It’s not about making a sale. It’s about providing the most secure environment for our customer’s digital transactions. In this role, you’ll continue building on our mission by helping secure our clients’ environment and ensure their repeat business and future endorsement. You will be in charge of leading a technical support team who will help identify and fix complex issues in our established clients’ networks while handling critical issues through your teams’ support. You’ll be responsible for the daily operations of your team to ensure they achieve their goals while meeting the needs of the customers.
- Lead daily operations of a team of Technical Support Engineers in line with the company goals and objectives
- Ensure that your engineers have the resources and processes necessary for successful and sustained performance
- Provide mentorship and direction to your team to deliver on company goals and objectives and improve opportunity, such as response time and resolve time objectives
- Directly provide and ensure appropriate technical and soft skills training and mentoring
- Set team goals in-line with overall company goals, while reflecting specific goals for direct reports that roll up into the larger organization objectives
- Perform annual reviews of all direct reports, providing guidance and continuous mentorship for reports to exceed expectations
- Assist your team in solving customer issues, prioritize issues, negotiate customer priorities, and set expectations
- Build positive relationships with sales, customers, and partners
- Experience in leading a Technical Support Engineers team, or similar
- Technical experience in the Network Security Industry
- Experience as a network administrator (or equivalent) in an NT or Unix environment
- Expertise of Network Security: Routers, Switches, and firewalls
- Knowledge of VPN routers - Checkpoint, Juniper (Netscreen), Fortinet, or Cisco
- Background in internetworking, LAN, and WAN technologies
- Background in debugging broad, complex, and unusual networks with mixed media and protocols
- Enterprise support and service delivery preferred
Our technical support team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it evolves. As threats and technology change, we stay in step to accomplish our mission.
You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus on providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.