Vice President, Sales Excellence & Programs, Cortex
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We are looking for an experienced (product, marketing and/or sales) leader to drive the acceleration of Palo Alto Networks' Cortex suite of products and services across all our operational theaters globally.. Beyond traditional sales strategy and program execution, we are looking for this leader to think creatively while being technically grounded.
The ideal candidate will have substantial experience in taking new products to market, aligning positioning and messaging, ensuring field enablement and developing global GTM strategies for hyper-growth. Reporting to the Sr. Vice President, Global GTM for Cortex, this role will serve as the single touchpoint across regional sales and global product and marketing teams to launch market entry strategies and own execution of global programs that accelerate the Cortex business.
- Work closely with Cortex sales leaders in each theater and key product management leaders to develop the overall GTM model, sales strategies and priorities
- Develop and own the execution of sales strategies and region/segment specific sales playbooks that drive revenue for Cortex products and services
- Drive a buyer’s journey approach to market adoption, sales/partner enablement, and pipeline development
- Lead and influence the creation of high-impact, scalable global sales programs
- Ensure that we have compelling materials for global sales teams to use in driving customer demand for our cybersecurity services
- Identify and track relevant metrics of success and best practices across each sales theater
- Able to think about the larger market, how it is evolving, where we fit into that market, where the competition fits, and how we can capitalize on broad industry trends
- Design different business models to understand how different actions could lead to different outcomes for us, for our competition, and for the market
- A keen mind to assess large sets of numbers, determine causal variables to focus on, and develop strategies and plans based on these facts
- Understand the product and how it fits into the market at an expert level. Determine if field enablement is sufficient; if not, how should it be enhanced (Sales and SEs)
- Develop plans that will be implemented by other teams. Create a shared narrative with milestones, track progress, and ensure that the plan succeeds
- MBA preferred but not required
- 15+ years of sales, marketing, and/or product experience. Technical competency (Systems Engineering, Solutions Architecture, etc.) is desired
- Must enjoy operating in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and competitive environment with a focus on delivering outcomes
- Experience working with partners, channels, and direct and inside sales teams to build strategic programs that drive revenue
- Strategic and analytical thinker who is able to blend technology and business strategy to develop and execute compelling GTM strategies and programs
- Experience with complexity and thinking on multiple levels of abstraction; demonstrated use of critical thinking techniques
- Deep expertise in endpoint protection, detection, response, and security orchestration and automation are a must
- Demonstrated experience developing effective sales messaging content and presentations
- Experience working across product, marketing, sales and presenting to C-level executives Avery's a broad range of industries
- Ability to provide market and strategic analysis for senior executives
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Technical degree strongly preferred
- Must have people management experience
Our Global enablement members support our sales account teams to assist in large organization’s migrations to more secure environments. Sales enablement works to make sure that our sales relationships run smoothly, empowering the teams across the world.
As part of sales enablement, you impact time spent selling, win rates, and deal sizes. You support the sales team by helping them with what they need to successfully engage and educate the buyer throughout the process. You are committed to your team’s success – and enjoy pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. It’s a true partnership, one built on building the best cybersecurity solutions for each individual client.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.