Principal, Corporate Development and M&A
At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish — but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is scaling its world-class strategy and corporate development organization and looking for its next senior leaders in the area of security services.
As a Corporate Development and M&A Principal, you will report to the Head of M&A, under the Office of the Chief Strategy Officer and become part of our industry leading M&A team. You will be responsible for rapidly sourcing, evaluating, negotiating, and executing new acquisitions into Palo Alto Networks, while working cross functionally to evaluate business needs and conduct due diligence with speed and accuracy.
● Understand our products and technology, both current and roadmap, to assist in developing market landscapes and a robust pipeline of acquisition candidates
● Identify cybersecurity trends and key capabilities, with a focus on both cloud and hybrid architectures to ensure our M&A efforts are cutting edge and focused on our customers’ current and future needs
● Conduct primary research and meet with emerging growth companies to develop a perspective on new markets and technologies
● Perform thoughtful and rigorous fundamental analysis on prospective acquisition candidates to inform strategic rationale, valuation, and approach strategy
● Drive analysis and deliver recommendations in a data-driven manner
● Lead a fast paced and thorough cross functional due diligence process. Synthesize and up-level insights and opportunities to the cross functional team and senior management
● Develop and present high-quality recommendation and deliverables (PPT, Word, etc.) for executive level consumption and contribute to associated strategy and execution discussions
● Plan ahead at all times to set up newly acquired businesses and your cross functional teammates for success in post-acquisition integration activities
● 10+ years of relevant work experience with top-tier tech corporate development teams (focus on security software and hyperscalers preferred) or security focused growth equity / venture capital
● Strong technical understanding of cybersecurity products, technologies and cloud architecture required
● Investment banking, management consulting a bonus, but not required
● Effective verbal and written communication abilities and comfortable with both business and technical discussions with senior audiences
● Experience in building relationships and leading through influence
● Highly organized and efficient program management abilities (for due diligence and sign-to-close processes)
● Great teammate, willing to passionately roll up their sleeves and work cross-functionally to get things done
● Self-starter who thrives in fast-paced, high-growth environments with minimal supervision
● Expertise in the cybersecurity industry and knowledge of the market is a plus but not required
We work hand in hand with organizations around the world as they move to a more secure environment. As part of the Business Development team, you find and create opportunity, forming relationships with organizations seeking a trusted partner.
You are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, including constantly updated research and sales libraries and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks who isn’t committed to your success — everyone pitches in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development.
We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.