Principal UI Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a member of the management software group, you are responsible for designing and developing the central/console management software for the Palo Alto Networks next-generation security platform. You will take ownership of large software components, work with product management on user requirements, apply your knowledge to functional design, utilize your programming skills for efficient and robust implementation, and interact with quality assurance and field support teams in the whole software development cycle.
- Provide technical leadership/consulting on complex to highly-complex system solutions, ensuring alignment
- Collaborate with partners and the development team to gather and define requirements for software applications, and work within the project team on continual development that delivers a high-quality product
- Help drive modernization efforts making use of current technologies and cloud-based microservices where possible
- Evaluate issues and design & implement functional solutions
- Handle constant end-to-end development, including coding, testing, and debugging
- Help create a culture of innovation and continual learning mentoring team members to increase full stack developer skills to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Ability to traverse the full stack and understand a variety of libraries, platforms, and multiple code modules is a requirement
- 10+ years of progressive development experience as a Software Engineer
- 5+ years' experience as a front-end developer
- 3+ years' experience as a UI/UX designer
- 4+ years of backend / full stack experience
- Ability to build and integrate with APIs (REST, SOAP) including development
- Deep expertise in web markup including CSS3, HTML5
- Experience building fast and reusable, UI components under MVC or MVVM frameworks
- Solid troubleshooting complex application workflows and performance tuning skills
- Strong understanding of best practices of building cross-browser and device-independent interfaces
- Excellent teamwork and coordination skills with the ability to create clarity from ambiguity
- Experience with modern build tools such as NPM, Webpack, NodeJS, ReactJS, Redux is a plus
- Experience with the public cloud, such as Google Cloud Platform, Amazon's AWS or Microsoft Azure is a plus
Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.