Senior SQA Engineer (SD WAN)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a member of the SQA Engineering Team, you will be involved with analyzing, testing, and modeling Palo Alto Networks platforms in complex deployment scenarios. Emphasis will be placed on features integration, negative, stress and longevity testing. You will utilize your experience in customer deployments and network operations to model networks, and to develop, automate, and execute complex system test plans. You will have close interactions with development, product management, and support teams as well as directly with customers.
- Design, develop and execute test plans for Performance testing of SD-WAN features over L2-L7 protocol functionalities
- Automate test cases using Python programming language for testing various software features
- Design network topologies for testing L2-L7 protocol functionalities using commercial traffic generator tools from Ixia and Spirent.
- Work closely with the Software Engineering, Product Management teams during product development from design to release
- Post-baccalaureate progressive experience as Software Test Engineer, Technical Leader, Software QA Engineer, Software Engineer/QA, Devtest Engineer, Technology Specialist, Software Engineer, or a related occupation required
- Detailed understanding of SD-WAN. TCP/IP protocol family, performance testing and network security.
- Commonly used L4-L7 protocols
- L3 Protocols including IPv4/IPv6, BGP/OSPF
- Traffic tools from Ixia / Breaking Point and Spirent
- Detailed understanding of modern networks design, implementation, and troubleshooting
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience with technical presentations, customer interfacing, and requirements interpretation is highly desirable
- Experience in VRRP, IPsec, QoS, network optimization technologies is a plus
- Experience related to KVM, VMware, Hyper-V is a plus
- Experience with AWS, GCP, Azure and testing containerized applications is a plus
Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.