General Manager, Accenture Business
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The General Manager of the Accenture Business is a senior executive position responsible for all aspects of Palo Alto Network’s alliance with Accenture, including the overall P&L and sales targets of the business. We are seeking someone who is driven and excited for the opportunity to build and lead one of the key relationships for our company. You will lead a high-performance team to successfully strategize and execute the goals and sales targets for the business.
You will work closely and collaboratively with the Accenture team and key Palo Alto Networks teams to oversee and drive the creation of joint solutions.
There are many different opportunities across the business to engage with Accenture. It will require a dedicated focus and a differentiated approach to build a comprehensive go-to-market strategy that supports the performance expectations of the relationship. We are looking for someone who possesses a deep understanding of how to successfully develop partnerships and a leadership capacity to accomplish goals in a complex and collaborative environment. We need someone who will continually evaluate the market and look for new routes of business for our solutions, working to a three-year plan, delivered in phases.
- Build out a global PANW business that mirrors a focused Global System Integrator practice, from solution development to GTM and delivery
- Own and lead the development of a joint business and GTM plan, with a long term scope and near term execution focus, with prioritized investments aligned to building long term growth and success. Be the senior sales leader for the Accenture business and take responsibility for the annual sales targets
- Responsible for leading the creation of joint solutions that are aligned with key client challenges and significant markets for both Palo Alto Networks and Accenture
- Create and drive the portfolio sales strategy and overall GTM, with a focus on growing net new business and large complex deals
- You and your team will need to gather, analyze, understand and apply contextual business information to support the security delivery component of the customer engagement and the joint solutions
- Represent the Accenture business to senior exec staff, leading regular business reviews, with the ability to provide analysis of success and pain points
- Critical to the success will be ensuring the success of Accenture delivery teams in the field, supported by PANW professional services, support and training teams
- Understand the investments needed from products, marketing, and enablement to drive these investments from inception through execution.
- Teams will be measured on revenue that is driving incremental growth tied to joint solutions, building joint services capacity and enablement (sales, marketing-pipeline conversion)
- Responsible for all stages of the business life cycle (business development, product creation, enablement, go to market)
- Complement your team’s creativity through deep interaction with customers and partners to understand their problems as well as the threat landscape
- Develop differentiated solutions, capture tactics, win strategies, discriminators, competitive analysis, and teaming strategies that balance program risk and reward and execute a disciplined, comprehensive approach to win the top opportunities
- Manage sales efforts typically focused around the sale of transformational solutions, shaping sophisticated/complex deals that balance client
- Manage interfaces with PANW Services teams, Field Sales, Business Development, Legal, Contracting, Human Resources, Recruiting, Marketing, and other internal organizations
- 40%-50% Travel with ability to travel internationally
- BA, BS (or equivalent work experience), MBA preferred
- 10+ Years’ experience in Sales and GTM and 5+ years of Leadership/Management
- Previous global executive experience running a $100M+ partner business
- Possess a track record of success working with Accenture and has a solid rolodex of existing Accenture relationships
- Experience directly working for a global systems integrator and the ability to understand the business from the Accenture perspective, to ensure the business is jointly successful
- Experience working in multiple countries and the ability to differentiate your approach and strategy in different geos
- Proven experience successfully working within a highly collaborative environment
- Experience and understanding of Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Business Development
- Industry knowledge of security product market trends, competitive products and directional awareness of Palo Alto Networks’ roadmap and technology development efforts
- Knowledge of how to deliver comprehensive security solutions to Palo Alto Networks’ customer base
- Shown experience with building and delivering keynote presentations, training, and other content to support the Accenture business
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
Our Accenture business team are a small group of hand-selected individuals driving our relationship with Accenture. This focused and experienced team works directly with our Accenture counterparts, as well as internally and externally to run our joint business plan. This role will be critical to ensuring we execute on time and on a plan.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.