Research Python Developer (Endpoint)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We are looking for an experienced software developer to join our malware research team. You will be part of a team that researches the most recent and advanced cybersecurity threats, designs and tests concepts to protect against them.
More information about Endpoint Protection product can be found here.
- Develop and maintain platforms and tools for the group’s security research goals
- Design and enhance software architecture to improve scalability, service reliability, capacity, and performance to support malware research efforts
- This role spans multiple machine learning and big-data technologies
- At least 3 years of software engineering experience
- Experience with Python
- At least 3 years of Windows and Linux experience (shell/tools/networking)
- Experience with databases (RDBMS/NoSQL)
- Strong sense of architecture and design for fault tolerance, scale, and stability
- Attention to details and high coding standards
- Experience with big data technologies: Spark, Hadoop
- GCP/AWS, machine learning, automated deployment tools, source control, and system monitoring tools experience is a plus
- Organized, focused on building, improving, resolving and delivering
- Good communicator in and across teams, able to drive and own projects
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that aggressively address them. Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. They are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. These engineers aren’t shy about building products to tackle problems no one has pursued before. They define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
Our engineering team is provided with an unrivaled chance to create the products and practices that will support our company growth over the next decade, defining the cybersecurity industry as we know it. If you see the potential of how incredible people products can transform a business, this is the team for you. If you don’t wait for directions, instead, identifying new features and opportunities we have to just get better, this is your new career.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.