Country Manager, Canada
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Reporting into the SVP Americas Sales, the Country Manager, Canada will drive the Canada sales strategy and business to continue Palo Alto Networks growth in this region. With a focus on selling large, complex, platform solutions to large enterprises, the F1000 and Global accounts, our Canada strategy represents a small but growing part of the Company’s revenue.
The successful candidate will have experience of managing a complex direct and matrixed business with a strong focus on customers, client service, growth and innovation. They will have sufficient market insight and revenue track record with the desired customer base to hit the ground running. They will also have taken a business through consistent year-over-year growth.
You will manage the go-to-market through four districts as well as a Channels team. You will work closely with the Canada Systems Engineering management team to grow your teams and business in these regions to over achieve quota attainment and increase market share. You will understand the cultural business climate and business drivers in each of the districts.
- Develop a regional business plan with clear actions to exceed regional revenue targets and build well-qualified pipeline
- Leverage and continue Palo Alto Networks’ significant customer momentum through indirect, high touch, relationship-oriented technology sales
- Work closely with Sales Engineering and Professional Services teams to build complete solution based proposals
- Deliver well-inspected, accurate weekly sales forecasts and pipeline management
- Ensure District Sales Managers have well-documented territory and account plans aligned with the value proposition and differentiated strengths of the company
- Disciplined inspection of District Sales Managers’ activities on target enterprises, including follow up on leads generated from marketing campaigns as well as leveraging own network/relationships
- Assure District Sales Managers execute on leveraging alliances and relationships with key partners in the region
- Evangelize the Palo Alto Networks Enterprise Security Platform within End Users, SI, and partner communities and act as an ambassador for the company in the region
- Represent Palo Alto Networks externally, taking opportunities to inform and educate both the market and industry through platform speaking, seminars press briefings etc, and spearhead local & regional marketing programs consistent with overall corporate objectives.
- Grow and develop your sales and pre-sales managers through leadership development programs and personal mentoring.
- Proven track record in selling & positioning enterprise solutions at a senior business level especially with “challenger” companies in the past. Demonstrate executive gravitas sufficient to engage, negotiate and win new relationships at CXO level in our targeted partner markets
- Proven ability to effectively manage teams of 5-8 first-line District, Sales and Regional Sales Managers covering large enterprise customers in the Enterprise Security space
- Experience working with Channel partners and understanding of a channel-centric go to market approach; strong Channel relationships at the Executive level
- Strong personal track record of over achievement against quarterly and annual sales targets as well as demonstrated experience leading teams to the same
- Demonstrable experience in high-tech enterprise sales working with leading high-tech companies with a record of over achievement. Understanding of recent Cyber Security trends and key vendors in the industry a plus.
- Excellent communication over the phone with high-level decision-makers; Comfortable presenting to both internal and external executive audiences.
- Demonstrated experience in working directly with customers at the C level of an organization, as well as working with industry partners and alliances
- Possess the intellect and the executive presence to become a true business partner across functions.
- Proven leader who is capable of contributing to broader business conversations beyond his/her functional expertise
- Solid track record in building, developing and recruiting diverse high-performance teams based on a large network of talent in the security and networking industry within a rapidly growing sales environment
- For this critical position, Palo Alto Networks is seeking a thoughtful, disciplined and passionate leader who will bring significant experience and credibility to the management team. They will be regarded by both employees and the marketplace as an immediate “win” for the company.
- Business-level fluency in French is helpful.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Our sales team members work hand-in-hand with large organizations around the world to keep their digital environments protected. We educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients in their journey to security.
As part of our sales team, you are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, constantly updated research and sales libraries, and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our sales team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredibly complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.