Senior Competitive Intelligence Analyst (Public Cloud Security)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Prisma Cloud Security team is responsible for building products that protect data, workloads and
infrastructure for some of the largest enterprise customers in the world. We help the customers in their
journey to the public cloud by ensuring they have the best in class protection for their hosts, containers, and serverless applications. The public cloud market has been growing at a very rapid rate for the last few years. As more and more enterprises leverage public cloud, there is an insatiable demand for securing workloads in the public cloud. With the recent acquisition of leading companies in this space –
RedLock, TwistLock and Puresec, Palo Alto Networks is the market leader in this space.
As the Senior Competitive Intelligence Analyst at Palo Alto Networks, you will play a key role in providing detailed technical information to our sales, marketing, and product management teams to help position Palo Alto Networks products focusing on containers and serverless against key competitors. In this role, you will work with cutting edge technology, such as AWS Lambda, Azure functions, AWS Fargate, Docker, and Kubernetes. The individual will help research competing products, formulate competitive strategy, and articulate key differentiation. In addition, you will develop use cases and validate strengths and weakness of our container & serverless products. Other core aspect of this role is to consult with customers, develop and deliver technical trainings for various departments and document key differentiators to educate our sales and product management teams. You are the perfect fit if you think of AWS, Azure and GCP as soon as cloud is mentioned, or you intuitively understand Kube and K8 and do not think it’s a geometric shape or a reference to the middle school. You speak Python. You are a self-starter, keen to learn and experiment with new technologies, be able to work independently and as a team player, identify sales challenges and address solutions as
needed. The job requires approximately 10 percent travel.
- Work with sales, marketing, product management, customers and other organizations to
- research and identify key differences between Container and cloud security products.
- Execute competitive analytics projects by analyzing competitors and their key strengths and
- Design use cases to highlight key strengths and weakness of the container solution.
- Aggregate and piece information together to create actionable research reports.
- Write and create high quality customer facing, partner facing, and sales facing collateral and
- Build strong relationships both internally and externally to ensure a competitive edge, always
- staying ahead of the competition.
- Participate in sales enablement and help sales close deals by providing technical differentiators.
- Create and maintain lab to run setup for containers, Kubernetes, serverless and other IaaS
- services to test use cases.
- Work closely with Product Managers and provide product feedback for future development.
- Experience analyzing competitors or have deep insights into security use cases for containers
- and serverless.
- Strong competitive intelligence or technical marketing background in implementing and
- analyzing containers, serverless and cloud infrastructure security products OR have been part of
- SRE or devops team responsible for securing CI/CD pipeline and containers.
- Experience with CI/CD tools is a plus.
- Aware of key Cloud security concepts (private, public, hybrid cloud)
- Proficient virtualization skills and experience with hypervisors and public cloud required.
- Experience with CI/CD tools and infrastructure as a code software tool such as Terraform
- Experience with scripting languages such as python is highly desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong presentation skills
- Self-starter with excellent project organization skills, ability to drive complex projects with high
- levels of detail, and hit deadlines required.
- Ability to multi-task, keep track of multiple competitors simultaneously.
- Eagerness to learn new technologies, experiment with products, and contribute cross-
- Strong customer advocacy skills and experience, ability to work in difficult customer situations.
- Industry certifications – AWS Architect, GCP or Azure Certifications
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that proactively address them. Our Product Management Team helps us do just that.
This team provides the behind-the-scenes support for our products by being a source of information for our systems engineers, staying on top of the environment we sell in, and helping to implement technical solutions based on our client’s feedback and needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay ahead to accomplish our mission.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.