Senior Linux Internals Developer (Endpoint)
Revolutionary endpoint protection begins with a low-level security architecture that protects from and detects malicious activity. As a Senior OS internals developer in our Linux team, you will take part in designing and implementing the Traps agent for Linux, the next generation of endpoint protection for servers and cloud applications.
More information about Endpoint Protection product can be found here.
- Design, implement and test critical components in the lower level parts of the product, incl. kernel drivers and user-mode OS-related infrastructures, in both C and C++
- Work in close coordination with cross-platform teams and other OSes internals teams
- Participate in researching advanced technologies and their implications on security
- Research new technologies and adapt them for use in the company’s products
- Write design documents, SW development guidelines, and best practices
- At least 4 years of experience in system-level programming
- Very strong C and C++ programming skills
- Firm knowledge of Unix-style operating systems concepts
- Proven experience with multi-threaded application development
- Familiarity with and programming on Linux
- Familiarity with containers and related cloud technologies (uses and implementation)
- Linux system-level development
- Linux kernel programming experience
- Experience with x86/x64 assembly language
- Experience with software security
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest-growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks and the products and services that dedicatedly address them. Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. They are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. These engineers aren’t shy about building products to solve problems no one has pursued before. They define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
Our engineering team is provided with an unrivaled chance to create the products and practices that will support our company growth over the next decade, defining the cybersecurity industry as we know it. If you see the potential of how incredible people products can transform a business, this is the team for you. If you don’t wait for directions, instead, identifying new features and opportunities we have to just get better, this is your new career.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.