Senior Security Researcher (Reverse Engineering & Vulnerability)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a member in the Security Research Team, you will work on projects related to vulnerability research, Zero-Day vulnerability detection, reverse engineering software to discover new vulnerability, developing corresponding IPS solution, and some creative projects to improve next-generation security technology. You will be able to work with the best security researchers in the industry!
This is a role that requires experience in security research and reverse engineering related to Zero Day vulnerability.
Please be sure this is highlighted on your resume.
- Research and study security vulnerabilities for cloud-native system, including docker, Kubernetes, service mesh and so on
- Research and develop practical tools to protect cloud-native system, including both host and network side defense
- Collaborate with the cloud security and data science team to improve our cloud security products
- Research and stay knowledgeable on paper/blog write-ups to share information with the community
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field or equivalent experience (Masters preferred)
- Experience developing in Python, C/C++, or Java with a language agnostic attitude toward development
- Excellent ability to define problems, formulate solutions, effectively collaborate and communicate, plan and execute
- Practical Experience with Docker or Kubernetes, and Linux containerization technology
- Experience with distributed system orchestrators, scalable messaging systems, and large throughput data processing systems
- Experience with low-level Linux containerization subsystems (cgroups, namespaces), other containerization/virtualization systems, or related kernel-space development
- Expertise with a broad range of data structures, algorithms, and software design, with strong debugging skills
Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.