Event Security and Project Manager
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
- Creativity counts! Work with senior leadership – and ultimately every employee – to translate company culture, values, and strategies into practical application for safety and security. We don’t want static “standards”, but we do want to clearly articulate certain principles and guidelines, as well as a continuously-evolving collection of best practices
- Responsible for the safe and secure execution of Palo Alto Networks' internal and external events that keeps the right people in and the wrong people out
- Partner closely with internal business stakeholders to build out globally scalable solutions focused on the Event Security program.
- Work closely with the Global Security Operations Center (GSOC), Facilities, Events, and Security Operations teams to deliver Event Security solutions
- Act as a business enabler, with a service-first mindset to keeping all employees and visitors safe
- Lead the charge on delivering on order, transparency, and direction for all events at Headquarters, and all other sites domestically and internationally with regard to safety and security
- Develop policies and supporting documentation for the Event Security program
- Use data, metrics and qualitative feedback to make sound strategic decisions and show ROI
- Using a risk-based approach, scale event supports Globally through a combination of standards and awareness and regionalized security support solutions
- Represent Palo Alto Networks in certain external forums where our SAS program is a focus and leverage regular external interactions to keep Palo Alto Networks on the “leading-edge” of best practices in workplace safety and security
- Drive both cost and operational efficiency through the program as it scales, while also continuously innovating
- Be a champion for diversity and inclusion
- Lead the direction, project management, communication and collaboration with key stakeholders to execute on Safety and Security projects seamlessly and timely
- Other duties, projects, and initiatives as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required/Master’s degree preferred – with broad exposure to both security and safety-related requirements, as well as strong business acumen skills
- 3 - 5 years of relevant experience in corporate office environmental influencers, to include safety and security cultural requirements.
- Ability to build the workplace program with growth and change in mind. Capable of leading the efforts to differentiate our offices from other companies, from the perspective of both customers and employees
- Understand and advise the company as it relates to matters of compliance, efficiency and industry standards
- Comfortable enough to constantly adapt to the terrain and circumstances of a fast-paced environment
- Thorough understanding of relevant products and vendors, including Systems Technology and Security service providers.
- Ability to set, manage, and deliver within a reasonable budget, as well as the ability to make decisions and trade-offs based on holistic financial metrics. You are detail-oriented and have both left-brain and right-brain strengths
- Superior language, written and oral communication skills required.
- Sense of humor and commitment to professionalism
- Frequent travel required
- Dynamic and team-oriented, with excellent interpersonal skills, business judgment, strategic thinking, superior work ethic
- Able to work efficiently with cross-functional teams and manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of contractual and related matters
- Comfortable with ambiguity
You have a passion for logistics, organization, and resource management, but you’re looking for a career with a more fulfilling mission. We have open positions to top talent seeking a challenge. Our innovation doesn’t stay in Research and Development. Within workplace resources, we seek people who are looking to try new things, while solving business critical problems. If you’re seeking a challenge but with a worldwide impact – this is it.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.