Director Workplace Resources - JAPAC
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We are seeking a Workplace Resources Director who enjoys working independently, but collaboratively in a collegial team environment within a fast-paced dynamic company. You will be responsible for the effective management and development of the Workplace Resources department with responsibility for corporate real estate functions in our JAPAC offices. The position ensures assets are operated and maintained in a cost effective manner while providing a safe, clean, and comfortable work environment. The Workplace Resources Director develops budgets, controls costs, and coordinates service providers and staff activities. Leveraging organization skills, problem solving, and creative thinking you resolve escalated issues, drive continuous process improvement and team development in a dynamic environment. Extensive interaction with internal and external customers is required to ensure seamless delivery of these services.
Reporting to the Vice President of Global Workplace, you will work closely with Finance, IT, HR, and the Workplace Resources team. We are seeking a colleague who enjoys working independently but collaboratively in a collaborative team environment within a fast-paced and dynamic company. This position will be located in Singapore.
- Lead WPR for our JAPAC offices
- Develop and manage real estate leasing activity (transaction management), design and construction (projects), and facilities operations programs and processes for all day to day operations in the JAPAC region
- Space planning, moves, add changes and restocking
- Source and manage local services and goods needed to perform day to day operations through 3rd party suppliers. This includes scope of work definition, negotiations, writing contracts, obtaining necessary vendor set up forms, and reviewing certificates of insurance for compliance
- Financial management
- Ensure compliance with local and country laws, and governing regulations that pertain to the operating of facilities
- Domestic and international travel approximately 3 times a year
- Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues including emergency response outside working hours
- Develop and implement innovative programs, processes and projects that aim to reduce short and long term operating costs and increase productivity or longevity
- Manage the staffing, development, performance and outcomes of the assigned team reporting to the position
- Work collaboratively with other senior staff to establish strategic plans and objectives
- Bachelor’s degree required/Master’s degree preferred – preferably with a focus in engineering, architecture, or management
- Professional certifications such as AIA, PE, MCR/SLCR, IFMA and/or LEED are a bonus, but not required
- Extensive relevant experience in transaction management, office design and build out, facilities operations in the JAPAC region
- Ability to build the operations program with growth and change in mind. Capable of leading the efforts to differentiate our offices from other companies, from the perspective of both customers and employees
- Experience leading a WPR department in a fast-growing dynamic environment
- Experience balancing the demands of clients, other WPR functions and other support departments whilst managing a combination of internal and outsourced resources to produce consistently excellent results
- Full cycle coordination and planning services such as reception, security, maintenance/repairs, mail, shipping/receiving archiving, cleaning, catering, waste disposal, and recycling
- Professional supplier management in a corporate/commercial environment
- Solid experience implementing existing and developing new processes/policies/procedures
- Planning best allocation and utilization of space and resources
- Leasing activities such as renting new space, lease renewals and re-negotiations
- Project management (hard, soft services and construction projects) and supervising and coordinating the work of contractors, ensuring minimum disruption to core activities
- Execute and prepare tender documents for signing off contract in line with company policies and involving the right stakeholders
- Ability to create and manage operational budgets and calculate and compare costs for required goods and services
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of contractual and related matters
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
- Superior English language, written and oral, communication skills required
- Sense of humor and commitment professionalism
The Workplace Resource team constantly strives to make our work environment comfortable, effective, productive and appealing. The workplace has a direct impact on your happiness, productivity, and how we can accomplish our mission. As a team, we take care of the day to day facilities services throughout our organization. We own the build-out projects while maintaining a productive, innovative environment for the business to work in.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.