Financial Business Manager - Finance Strategy
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is looking for an experienced finance professional to join the team as a Finance Business Manager, Strategic Finance. We’re looking for a self-starter with strong analytical skills, an effective communicator, and a leader passionate for driving change in a dynamic fast-paced environment – all-in-one.
This role will be responsible for driving key strategic finance deliverables, which includes managing and continually improving corporate financial models, providing business/financial insights & analytics, and collaborating with stakeholders across the organization to establish Company alignment. This is an individual contributor role.
- Contribute to our consolidated strategic and financial planning processes (e.g. Forecast, Budget, Long Range Plan) and be responsible for portions of underlying integrated financial forecast models, systems, and tools
- Collaborate with key executives and functional leads across our Company to establish alignment, while providing analytical rigor in evaluating strategic initiatives and decision processes
- Develop and manage scenario models and in-depth analyses utilized for internal investment and operational decision-making
- Manage key deliverables and assist management in preparing external communications, including quarterly Board of Directors’ updates
- Drive and provide support for ad-hoc strategic and financial analyses
- Bachelor degree in Economics/Finance, MBA from top tier institution or equivalent experience preferred
- 5-8 years related experience showing strong career progression; management consulting/investment banking/private equity experience a plus
- Excellent analytical and financial modeling skills, with an understanding of software, appliances and/or internet industry business models
- Capable of seamlessly moving from the big picture to the details and back
- Strong team player with effective communication skills and high EQ
- Comfortable working with high-level guidance and independently building a working action plan
- Experience with and/or a willingness to master various financial systems, including SAP, BPC, Tableau, and other BI tools
- Possess intellectual curiosity and willingness and ability to adapt to the rapid business and organizational demands that result from a high-growth environment
You have a passion for numbers, our organization has a real passion for cybersecurity. You’re looking for a career with a more fulfilling mission. We have open positions to top talent seeking a financial challenge. Our finance department deals with numbers daily, supporting infrastructure, dealing in automation, building elegant models and solutions to empower our business lines and solutions.. If you’re seeking a financial challenge but with a worldwide impact – this is it.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.