Senior Director Technical Program Management (Firewall as a Platform)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As the Program Management leader for the Firewall as a Platform team you will drive the organization and execution of R&D programs and initiatives. You will provide the overall program management direction and will be accountable for the success of those programs. You will lead the multi-functional execution of complex strategic programs across a variety of products - physical, virtual, containers, Cloud services. You will define new ways of collaboration and drive industry best practices (like agile etc.) with teams.
You’ll also focus on building high performing teams through talent development, process improvement and measuring success. You will lay the foundation for establishing the PMO office within the organization. You’ll thrive in a fast-paced environment where energy, drive, and a collaborative approach are key to success.
- Provide program management leadership for successful deployment of Information Security programs and projects
- Collaborate with management and teams (engineering, QA etc.) to define program and project plans, monitor progress, resolve issues, and communicate as appropriate
- Establish world-class industry best practices as well as innovate on new ways of working for the Firewall as a Platform organization, all with a mindset of delivering customer delight and success
- Build, coach and lead a team of program management professionals dedicated to the success of Firewall as a Platform initiatives
- Build the rigor and predictability in our programs to drive business value and customer delight
- Ensure teams are operating with clear program plans, schedules and resources to deliver successful outcomes. Develop program plans, schedules and resource management
- Track progress against goals. Report progress to shareholders, executive leadership and multi-functional teams. Be accountable for successful, on-time delivery of programs
- Manage risks and drive excellent communication among multi-functional teams. Partner with shareholders to drive resolution
- Prefer degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Management, or equivalent work experience
- Expert level program management experience (approximately 10 years) driving large multi-functional technical programs
- Advanced level experience building, coaching and leading high performing teams
- Excellent collaborator with experience collaborating with multi-functional team members to achieve goals; contributes positively to the team and organization
- Demonstrable ability to influence senior shareholders as well as peers in different disciplines
- Ability to resolve conflicts and drive issues to resolution and escalate when necessary
- Superb communication and organizational skills
- Understands and thrives in a dynamic environment; remains flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty
- Self-motivated and dedicated with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Proficient with applications, tools, and methodologies used to organize, manage, report progress, and deliver programs and projects
- Previous experience building and leading PMO office in technology organizations is a plus
- Previous experience in security domain a plus
Our engineering team is at the core of our products and connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating — challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge the status quo of cybersecurity. We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, please visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.