Principal UX Designer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is building a world-class UX team and our fast growth means we are continuing to look for top-notch UX professionals to expand the team. As a Sr. Interaction Designer, you will design and shape our UX vision and processes and champion great design throughout the company. You must be a self-starter, keen to learn and experiment with new technologies. You will need to be able to work independently as well as part of a larger team to identify challenges and define solutions.
- A portfolio showing us how you have researched and crafted great experiences, seeing them through to released product
- Power to influence others and build consensus, while dealing with ambiguity
- Leading and driving several large-scale design projects
- You are constantly looking to hone your instincts through a variety of inputs – including technological considerations, trend analysis, benchmarks, user feedback, and data insight
- Ability to step back and see the whole ecosystem and provide solutions that better the entire user flow not only the feature.
- Experience using analytics, user research and other approaches to help make decisions and iterate on the product
- Ability to understand and distill complex problems into elegant, intuitive solutions
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and problem-solving skills to effectively work with multi-functional and multi-disciplined teams
- 5+ years of experience designing and delivering products in cross-functional teams from start to finish
- Expert knowledge of design tools such as Figma or Sketch
- BS/MS(or equivalent experience) in interaction design, cognitive science, visual design or related disciplines
- High level of initiative, good sense of humor, and a "make it work" attitude
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Experience designing products for security or IT users is a plus
- Deep understanding of user-centered design principles
Our UX team is at the core of designing our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.